cifs automount not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
giles02134
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 23:17    Post subject: cifs automount not working Reply with quote
I am unable to get the cifs automount feature to work (Administration/Management). I entered the information, clicked "Apply" then "Save", followed by a reboot. Admin page showed "Not Mounted".

I am able to easily mount an SMB share from my NAS through the command interface (shell):
Code:
mount.cifs //nas_name/share /mnt/smbshare -o username=nas-user,password=nas-password

I'm not even sure how I would use this even were I to get it working, but thought I'd give it a try.

ISP: Verizon Fios
NAS: ReadyNas314
Sponsor
giles02134
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the CIFS Automount to work. There were two problems:
    On one of my attempts, I had mistyped the password (easily revealed by clicking "Unmask" -- duh).
    The other problem was the username. On a hunch, I formatted the username like this: my-nas-user@nas-name.mydomain, and it worked!

Once I fixed things, the share mounted immediately. Now, I just need to figure out how I'll use it. Smile

ISP: Verizon Fios
NAS: ReadyNas314
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: