r6300v2 firmware won't update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Dorky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 13:08    Post subject: r6300v2 firmware won't update Reply with quote
Hello, I bought a nordvpn plan and I got a virgin media router hub 3 supplied by my provider and a refurbished netgear r6300v2 bought on ebay. What I want to do is to flash the netgear firmware to use all my devices (tv included) with the vpn installed on it. The problem is that when I try to flash the router I get this error: This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product.

being a novice with these things, I tried to search on the forum, but I didn't find any solutions...
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Take a look at the installation guide. Its possible that with the Virgin Media you need the .v2ch version.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_R6300v2

But...no promises. I had the "Spectrum wifi" that's stated there....(that's my note in the wiki)....so if it won't take the standard v2.chk file...then try the v2ch.chk file instead.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: