DIR 882 - help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Xerdel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 15:56    Post subject: DIR 882 - help Reply with quote
Greetings,

how do I set VLAN ID in DD WRT firmware? At VLAN tagging? In stock firmware my connection type was PPPoE + Internet VLAN ID 848 and everything was working fine.

Now I am unable to find VLAN ID in this new environment of DD WRT.

Btw my internet is optic connected to this switch from Huawei. And my router is D-link DIR 882 as the subject says.
https://images.app.goo.gl/Eq34nAzzKozYQZ85A
Sponsor
Xerdel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
AFAIK, VLANs are only supported on dd-wrt w/ Broadcom switches, and even then, only a subset of them. I think one exception might be Atheros switches using the swconfig utility.

Ah, so there is no way how to make my D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 working under dd-wrt firmware if I have to set the VLAN ID?
How do I find out what switches my router has?
Xerdel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
In the case of the WAN, that might be a different story. I checked my own ASUS RT-AC68U running the most recent dd-wrt firmware, and under PPPoE, there's an advanced settings option, and the following sub-options.

Code:
T-Online VLAN 7 support: Enable/Disable
T-Online VLAN 8 support: Enable/Disable

Now I can't tell if this is for the purposes of detecting tagged packets, or perhaps something intended for outbound tagging. But it's the closest option I could find.

If all else fails, you could get an inexpensive managed switch (sometimes referred to as a "smart" switch) to handle the tagging. Something that's at least 802.11q compliant (which the router is NOT!).

As a general rule, the router really isn't intended to support VLANs or VLAN tagging except under very limited circumstances. Given VLANs are proprietary, and the router supports literally 100's of different types of hardware, I believe it just wasn't practical to support them beyond a limited subset of Broadcom switches. But then again, I'm not an expert in dealing w/ VLANs on the router. That's simply the impression I've gotten having dealt w/ dd-wrt over many years.

That VLAN ID was for connecting to the internet through WAN. So something must be working inside dd-wrt, it is far more advanced than the stock firmware after all.

By the "smart" switch you mean https://eu.dlink.com/cz/cs/products/dgs-105-5-port-gigabit-ethernet-switch For example?
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found D-Links DGS-105/108 are the best inexpensive non managed switches that work well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: