Looking for old files for Belkin (folders no longer there)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dissonant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:12    Post subject: Looking for old files for Belkin (folders no longer there) Reply with quote
So I was hoping to reuse an old junker router that I found for dd-wrt. It seems some serious time was spent developing a special serial flash version for this Belkin 7230-4 v2000 but every place I looked, it referenced old folders that no longer exist under downloads.

The wiki lists a location:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn13491-snow/Bv2000/

A thread specifically for the v2000 was created by eko and listing the following location:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_FINAL-NEWD/dd-wrt.v24-9517_NEWD_SF_micro.bin

but browsing to the eko folder does not have either of those two subfolders any longer. If anyone knows where I can find these files, it would be appreciated.
Sponsor
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:38    Post subject: Re: Looking for old files for Belkin (folders no longer ther Reply with quote
dissonant wrote:
So I was hoping to reuse an old junker router that I found for dd-wrt. It seems some serious time was spent developing a special serial flash version for this Belkin 7230-4 v2000 but every place I looked, it referenced old folders that no longer exist under downloads.

It's not recommended to use VINTage drivers anymore. If you are certain it's a v2000 (corerev=7), try 14929 broadcom generic micro instead.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I presume you mean a model referenced in this wiki article:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Belkin_F5D7230-4_v2xxx_and_Lower

Which states to use the micro_generic.bin file.
dissonant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kernel Panic, I was referring to the wiki at:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Belkin_F5D7230-4_v2000%2Cv2000de_%2B_Belkin_F5D7231-4_v1102%2Cv1003ee%2C_and_v1103uk

But yes, I saw that other wiki too and so I tried several of the micro_generic.bin's from the following folders:

Downloads › v24 › Broadcom › Belkin › F5D7231-4_v2000

Downloads › v24-sp1 › Consumer › Belkin › F5D7230_v2000

I even tried a file at Downloads › others › eko › F5D7231-4_v2000 Flashing › F5D7231-4_v2000_sercomm_dd-wrt.bin

Hoping that this was the special serial flash version.

I didn't use the Sercomm_Utility utility in that folder, I used TFTP for all of the flashes.

It might be noted that I did NOT come to the folder and read the Peacock thread until after I had tried flashing the first time, so I don't know if the belkin is bricked, but it has accepted 2 additional bin's since flashing the first time (I'm thinking it wouldn't if it were truely bricked). I didn't do the 30/30/30 resets until after the 2nd flash. Also, I don't think that I waited the 4+ minutes until after the 2nd flash (again because of the peacock post).

The main issue is that I do not see a dd-wrt SSID show up in my wireless scan after flashing.
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would try:
.-Reset to factory. Better if 30/30/30
.-Download the micro here
.-Set my static IP, and connect directly to the router via UTP (nothing in between)
.-Open 2 cmd windows that I can read simultaneously. On the first one, let running a ping 192.168.1.1 -t (altough many belkins default to .2.1). On the other, prepare a tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin, and run it as soon as I see response from the ping

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luckily I found the belkin firmware online (not on Belkin's website, but from someone else who tried to flash with dd-wrt) and it did take (on 192.168.2.1). After waiting 6 minutes, doing a 30-30-30 reset and a couple of reboots, I was able to get to the Belkin Web GUI.

Next I downloaded the dd-wrt firmware from the location you suggested, flashed with TFTP, waited about 5+ minutes for the lights to stop flashing, 30-30-30 reset and a couple of reboots (with 30 second power offs) = NO BUENO. From everything I read I should be able to find a SSID = dd-wrt and the LAN should not be working until connecting to it via wireless and activating. No SSID and no response on the 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1 when connected to LAN.

I know its not recommended to use VINT drivers anymore, are they still available online? I suppose I could try more bin files, but it does seem that this was a a kind of one off router. (Seems that EKO worked on this router for 8 months: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21783)
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
dissonant wrote:
I know its not recommended to use VINT drivers anymore, are they still available online? I suppose I could try more bin files, but it does seem that this was a a kind of one off router. (Seems that EKO worked on this router for 8 months: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21783)

As you insist, I found some for you. (Or you could try the ones on the thread you quoted).

On the other hand, you may have a damaged hardware. For instance, my f5d7231-4p loose the nvram settings after some hours powered off.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for a link to those VINT files. However those micro bins did not work with the Belkin. I'm pretty sure this is not the special serial flash build required for the v2000. So far the only bin that worked I found attached to EKO's post about the Belkin 7230-4 v2000 on the first page: dd-wrt.v24_micro8355-SF.bin. Unfortunately, the later bin's he developed were uploaded to the FTP site and not attached to the thread (ie: dd-wrt.v24-9517_NEWD_SF_micro.bin). Was this file backed up before it was taken offline?? If so, can I get a copy?

I tried using the dd-wrt.v24_micro8355-SF.bin but I don't see the VPN under the service tab in the GUI, which makes it unusable for me. When was this added?
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
dissonant wrote:
I don't see the VPN under the service tab in the GUI, which makes it unusable for me. When was this added?

AFAIK there's no VPN for micro builds (2MB is not enough for the dd-wrt typical features).

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dang, should have known. I even remember seeing that page but didn't look at it that closely. Was hoping to reuse an outdated router, but looks like I'll have use my Linksys E900 for this VPN task...

Thanks for all your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: