Netgear r7800 lan ports don't works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Deniksem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:51    Post subject: Netgear r7800 lan ports don't works Reply with quote
Hi. Sorry for my english(.
I bought r7800 bricks, when turned on, the power esata starts to flash alternately. If you do a reset, it normally loads, distributes wifi, enters the interface, gives you a reflash. But this is all just before the restart, then again flashes diodes. Lan ports do not work (do not blink even when the cable is connected and hard reset doing).Tftp is not possible to flash without lan ports. When connecting usb-uart (serial) putty displays everything is fine and you can stop the download before starting the firmware itself, call the list of commands. In the router console, when invoking the tftp server startup command, we get the answer about the impossibility of downloading tftp. There is a debug_log made from the web interface of the router. Who can offer which solution to the problem? When flashing through gui, write errors run through the console. Can I check the performance of qca8337? Can I flash without lan ports? I will be glad to love help, I will provide everything you need to parse the problem. Nvram erase not help.
Sponsor
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
First, make sure the LED switch is turned to the "On" position, otherwise you will not see the LED's. (Back right of router when looking from the front)

Then, try using the non test build version first flash:

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/R7800-factory-to-ddwrt.img

To get TFTP to work, power off, push reset button and hold down, let the R7800 boot up while holding down the reset. and after about 15-20 seconds the pwr light will go from orange to white-release reset button now. Then you can push the new img file.

For TFTP flashing, you always have to use an IMG file name and not a BIN. BIN files are for upgrade flashing through web gui.

For TFTP, make sure to set your LAN/NIC to a static IP (192.168.1.4 or something similar). Set the Gateway to 192.168.1.1 and the Primary DNS server also to 192.168.1.1
Plug your ethernet cable into Port 1 on the R7800.

Many here like to use TFTP64 to flash. www.tftpd64.com/tftpd32_download.html

Use the client mode of TFTP64 to push the IMG file.
Make sure to select your NIC from the Server Interface correctly too, it will change when the Netgear "accepts" the connection from your NIC so watch that list selection.

Flashing TFTP takes no more than 1 minute.

Good luck

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Deniksem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lan port dont answer and dont light if i connect cable in any ports. Tftp is not working without lan
Deniksem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
One foto-i cancel boot firmware by putty from com interface after reset to factory, anothe-cicling reboot at power up
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
please resize the photo's to 800x600

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
By your serial output it looks like the switch chip is broken.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upload photo from tel and it is a problem with resize(, sorry.

May i supposed that when i resoldering a new qca8337 my router normaly bootable? Or problems dont stop at 8337?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: