DD-WRT Unstable on DIR-882

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:23    Post subject: DD-WRT Unstable on DIR-882 Reply with quote
Hi,

The other day i purchased a D-Link DIR 882 router and have installed DD WRT r37139, r37305, r37405 and r37442 on the router, have performed factory resets each time.

I have found that the wireless radios take a long time to become visible in Wireless scans from my clients (e.g from Galaxy S9), the web GUI constantly crashes when clicking between tabs and is unresponsive, the router has also rebooted several times after changing basic configuration settings in the DD WRT config page such as wireless SSID name changes etc.

Another weird thing was during the wireless scans on Galaxy S9 i would connect to the 5Ghz SSID i had configured on DIR 882 - as soon as it started to connect to the WiFi the name of the SSID would suddenly change to the 2.4Ghz SSID - it was like both WiFi networks kept dropping out and alternating whenever i tried to connect to them.

All in all with my limited hands on experience with running DD WRT on this particular router (i have run DD WRT on other devices and its rock solid) i feel that DD WRT is just not usable on the DIR 882 at this present point in time.

Can anyone advise if they have experienced similar issues as i have mentioned and is there even any stable (stable enough) version out there? (earlier versions)?

Thanks in advance

Shaun
Sponsor
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
The most current release that has been stable for me is 10-10-2018-r37305.
Had uptime of 7 days for testing before stopping to try out newer releases, which were unstable.
No issues with 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless with manual channel and channel width selected. Used WiFi Analyzer to select best channels. I do not use Automatic.
No issues with LAN ports.
With that said, I just test it as basic router and did not enable any features.
e.g. Privoxy and testing of some adblocking scripts mentioned in these forums knocked out the LAN ports.
Found the WebGUI sluggish but I suspect that is due to D-Link hardware since the stock firmware was really slow as well. e.g. 30 seconds before a change takes affect for some settings and a complete reboot, one minute 30 seconds? for other settings change.

Currently testing the 1̶1̶-̶0̶3̶-̶2̶0̶1̶8̶-̶r̶3̶7̶5̶8̶2̶ release.
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶
EDIT: Encountered unscheduled reboots. Reverting to 10-10-2018-r37305 release.

Good luck in your search for your dd-wrt release.

Last edited by casualtester on Sat Nov 10, 2018 23:37; edited 3 times in total
Zippo77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I too have unstable WIFI with any release. The Wireless part restarts randomly especially after some reception errors (visible in "Wireless Packet Info": Received (RX) 710495 OK, 28067 errors)
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
do a factory reset via ddwrt that clears nvram and then try again, don't use 160mhz wifi
Uxinn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had sporadic restarts for most firmware versions but been running on v3.0-r39296 (03/27/19) and it's the best version I've tried so far.

It did reboot itself but I did a resett and it has been up for 4hours now without incident which is sadly my new record.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: