Seeking Netgear WNDR3700v2 1.0.0.12 (or earlier) firmware!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
greginfl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:23    Post subject: Seeking Netgear WNDR3700v2 1.0.0.12 (or earlier) firmware! Reply with quote
According to the wiki doc, firmware later than 1.0.0.12 has been tailored to prevent non-Netgear firmware from being installed. Apparently, Netgear was hot on the heels of those wanting open source solutions.

My current version is 1.0.0.14. Others on this forum have had success downgrading to 1.0.0.12 and then installing dd-wrt from the factory.img (and subsequent .bin for dd-wrt upgrades), albeit 6 years ago.

The million dollar question is: Where can I find the 1.0.0.12 (or earlier) firmware to load?

drivers.softpedia.com has one, but it is the WW (World Wide) version. I am after the NA version (North America). WW version cannot be used as it is special to frequency/channel regulations outside of North America. I have searched high and low, and cannot find any NA firmware <=1.0.0.12.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Greg.
Sponsor
Vico56
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think, that you need a North American version of the stock firmware for applying dd-wrt. Get 1.0.0.12 from Netgear support here (click on "View previous versions"). Then upgrade to dd-wrt with the wndr3700v2-factory_NA.img file. Find the latest dd-wrt version here, but it could be that you need to start with an older factory_NA image (one from 2018 or 2017).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: