Linksys WRT3200 | Help needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
OneOfThem
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 21:08    Post subject: Linksys WRT3200 | Help needed. Reply with quote
Sorry for repost in a different section.

Hi guys, not sure this is the right place to ask for advice but i'm sort of a little desperate.

I bought a brand new Linksys WRT3200 as i'm planning to use the router as VPN router. I done a bit of searching around regarding VPN routers and came to the conclusion that this would be the best one to fit my need although it's still really expensive. Once received i used it with original firmware and i was amazed with how fast it is. Anyway i had to carry on with the plan of creating a VPN router so i downloaded the dd-wrt firmware (the factory one for my model), i updated the firmware with no issues but... the internet speed is now ridiculously slow. Original Linksys firmware gave me speeds of nearly 400mb/s but now with the dd-wrt i only get around 30-40 mb/s .

Take that speed and add it to a VPN server will reduce it again which could make streaming an issue. Is there anyway i can fix this? I'm afraid to instal some random firmware because i don't want to brick my router. I did so much reading about how good DD-WRT is to use for VPN i was really excited, now i'm sort of disappointed to see this happening.

Every bit of help is welcomed. Thank you in advance.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the WRT3200: Post in the Marvell Forum.
for VPN: Post in the Advanced Networking Forum.

This forum is for hardware mods using a soldering iron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: