New Build: 04-19-2019-r39572

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Chade Fallstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10    Post subject: New Build: 04-19-2019-r39572 Reply with quote
Link: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/04-19-2019-r39572/

Tested yesterday on my D'Link DIR-882A1.

Performed a straight upgrade from the DDWRT GUI via Firefox from build 39296. Flashing went fine, no issues. Rebooting router took longer than expected though and when it had both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz LEDs were non functional again and both Wireless Interface ports were named Ath0 and Ath1 again. After changing settings on the Wireless > Basic Settings tab the router couldn't be accessed via the webpage, a manual restart was needed to access the settings again, but the configuration change did stick.

Now for the good news, after configuring, Wired and Wifi both worked OK this time, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz devices were able to connect to the router and functioned fine, under: Clients > Info it showed all connected devices and after initially showing LEGACY again for a moment, it then reported the correct Channel Info instead. Download speeds were steady and consistent and on my phone were much better than any other build I'd tried, over/around 100mbps. QoS appeared to be functioning fine also.

I've had to revert to an earlier build again for now though, since I need to be certain the network will stable over the weekend, but may test out this build again at more length after that. Looking good so far though.
Sponsor
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good news i guess! ill personally will wait couple of more weeks, for this new builds to mature a little bit before flashing my dir878... Smile because currently 27-3 build is stable for me with 5+ days uptime... (knock knock on the wood)
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks again Chade Fallstar

Time permitting, will test it out/post several hours from now.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: D-Link DIR-878 A1

The WiFi LEDs were not functioning and/or functioning like previous releases.
Unable to access the router via Firefox WebUI after initial changes to the router. Username and password not accepted.
The D-Link crash recovery did not work.
Eventually accessed the router via telnet and erasing the nvram.
Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz permits devices to authenticate/connect to the router but no internet access.

Reverted to 02-06-2019-r38581 release.
Problem that never occurred before now encountered.
Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz permits devices to authenticate/connect to the router but no internet access.
Factory restore enabled, reboot, still no WiFi.
Systems connected via network cable able to access the internet.
EDIT: After several hours, WiFi started functioning again on it's own!?!
ashishchandra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:42    Post subject: Re: New Build: 04-19-2019-r39572 Reply with quote
Chade Fallstar wrote:
Link: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/04-19-2019-r39572/

Tested yesterday on my D'Link DIR-882A1.

Performed a straight upgrade from the DDWRT GUI via Firefox from build 39296. Flashing went fine, no issues. Rebooting router took longer than expected though and when it had both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz LEDs were non functional again and both Wireless Interface ports were named Ath0 and Ath1 again. After changing settings on the Wireless > Basic Settings tab the router couldn't be accessed via the webpage, a manual restart was needed to access the settings again, but the configuration change did stick.

Now for the good news, after configuring, Wired and Wifi both worked OK this time, both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz devices were able to connect to the router and functioned fine, under: Clients > Info it showed all connected devices and after initially showing LEGACY again for a moment, it then reported the correct Channel Info instead. Download speeds were steady and consistent and on my phone were much better than any other build I'd tried, over/around 100mbps. QoS appeared to be functioning fine also.

I've had to revert to an earlier build again for now though, since I need to be certain the network will stable over the weekend, but may test out this build again at more length after that. Looking good so far though.

How's the performance on the 2.4Ghz ?
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried 04-19-2019-r39572 and 04-16-2019-r39538 on dir-882 and had to revert to the stable 03-27-2019-r39296.

Issues were longer boot time and things not working. I had to enter the wifi details again but it seemed that only 2.4Ghz would work, although at one stage 5GHz started but no wifi lights on and I had to reboot my router and cable modem at least twice. Also, looking in sys details it was hit and miss as to whether it would detail the wifi settings. Using wifimon on my android I could see the wifi listed but there was no indication on the router itself: no light on and no details in sys-info. Speedtest on new builds dropped from 42Mbps to 10Mbps.

I did notice a new box on the basic wifi settings to open up advanced settings, which it didn't have before. I wondered whether I had been applying builds meant for another model that had been erroneously catalogued.

I'll try again in a few builds' time.
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just tried 05-03-2019-r39715 and had to revert. Looks like dir-882 users have been left behind. Shocked
Zippo77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1
Same problems with new version >= April 2019

Wifi unstable and led not working.
kbalint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 14:02    Post subject: Any news on the updates? Reply with quote
it's october now, did anyone try to upgrade?
is it safe and stable?

I'm on 03/27 still. thanks!
markus7010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 19:38    Post subject: Re: Any news on the updates? Reply with quote
kbalint wrote:
is it safe and stable?

Try the latest Broly update. 600MB/s on 2.4GHz are possible since today and yes, this build runs kernel v4.14
Actual no problems on the 5GHz band, too. Heavenly Smile
kbalint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:15    Post subject: Re: Any news on the updates? Reply with quote
thank you for your reply! Where can I found this Broly update?

markus7010 wrote:
kbalint wrote:
is it safe and stable?

Try the latest Broly update. 600MB/s on 2.4GHz are possible since today and yes, this build runs kernel v4.14
Actual no problems on the 5GHz band, too. Heavenly Smile
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 20:12    Post subject: Re: Any news on the updates? Reply with quote
kbalint wrote:
thank you for your reply! Where can I found this Broly update?

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1095476#1095476
kbalint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, so:

1) Broly does not work with PPPoe, so can't connect to the internet *at all*.
2) All other new builds works with PPPoe, but Wifi does not connect *at all*.

So I'm back to 03/27, but something gone wrong, because pinging the router times out frequently Sad

Does anyone know if one can PPPoe with Broly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: