DIR-890L Guide

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
djtodd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
FurryNutz wrote:
folder locations are here:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=72749.0

IE11 is key.

Mine works well.

Bookmarked and gracias.
Sponsor
FurryNutz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let us know how it goes...

djtodd wrote:
FurryNutz wrote:
folder locations are here:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=72749.0

IE11 is key.

Mine works well.

Bookmarked and gracias.
ghigo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just followed the instructions at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.msg163599#msg163599 and when I upload the factory-to-ddwrt.bin I get a message saying "Firmware Upgrade failed!".
I used Safari on mac with the user agent set to IE11 and I even tried with a virtual machine running Win and IE11. Same result each time.

I downgraded the router firmware to be 1.11 and I tried with multiple versions of dd-wrt from 2018, 2017 and 2016. Same result each time.
Any suggestion?
Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ghigo wrote:
I just followed the instructions at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=44909.msg163599#msg163599 and when I upload the factory-to-ddwrt.bin I get a message saying "Firmware Upgrade failed!".
I used Safari on mac with the user agent set to IE11 and I even tried with a virtual machine running Win and IE11. Same result each time.

I downgraded the router firmware to be 1.11 and I tried with multiple versions of dd-wrt from 2018, 2017 and 2016. Same result each time.
Any suggestion?

Did you try to connect to the router with your browser at 192.168.1.1 in spite of the failed msg?
The reason I'm asking is because the original D-Link default IP is 192.168.0.1 but the dd-wrt one is 192.168.1.1 so even for a successful flash, the browser may still show failed because the router has come up with dd-wrt on the new IP.

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
Fobio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been awhile since this thread got updated. What firmware are you guys running now?

I've stayed on Kong's 35550M and it's the latest working firmware for me, with functioning WDS.

Are you guys going back to factory?
scidhuv00
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 22:34    Post subject: DIR-890L UPDATE Reply with quote
Seems little updates on this sucker.

I have been running DD-WRT v3.0-r33679 std (11/04/17)

since I installed DD-WRT on this router.

There are some issues with the AC modems, which is bothersome, there seems to be some challenges depending on which version of WPA2 you use.

I haven't cracked the code on it yet, because I just haven't had time to care.

The 2.4Mhz works just fine.

I did run into issues recently, about two months ago my wifi started having non-routing issues.

I tried tweaking a few common settings, to no avail.

After running into some VPN issues with my connection to the office, coupled with some cable modem challenges, I decided to do a factory reset on the router.

It's only been two days since I did the factory reset, and I'm going to have to figure out how to get all of the frequencies working properly.

I haven't tried the KONG firmware, wondering if there is any benefit there.
BigHero6
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 17:56    Post subject: Explorer works Reply with quote
I've discovered the Internet Explorer works and Chrome doesn't. The one place where Microsoft beats Google.
daddycaddy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:05    Post subject: Firmware Upgrade failed! Reply with quote
hi there,

when I bought my router I upgrade it to the latest firmware, when I try to install dd-wrt I keep getting "Firmware Upgrade failed!" doesn't matter what browser I'm using Sad
what should I do?

EDIT: I used this guide to downgrade my firmware then update: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=72749.0
and it worked.
I just put this here maybe it will help someone
vikramdinesh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54    Post subject: Help needed Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I am trying to install DD-WRT on my DIR-890L A1. It was running 1.20 firmware earlier and it kept giving me a Firmware Upgrade Failed error. So I downgraded the firmware to 1.11. Even with this I keep getting Firmware Upgrade failed. Help, Please.

Edit: What does the dir890-webflash.bin file do?

Edit 2: I finally figured out the problem. I had to set the ethernet adaptor to get IP from DHCP after downgrading to 1.11. This solved the problem.
DBB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:54    Post subject: Re: DIR-890L UPDATE Reply with quote
scidhuv00 wrote:

After running into some VPN issues with my connection to the office, coupled with some cable modem challenges, I decided to do a factory reset on the router.

Scidhuv00,

Was wondering how you were getting along after the DD-WRT factory reset, and whether it cleared up the VPN issues you were having.

I've noted issues with VPN to my office, as well. I've been running firmware r35531 since late Spring/early Summer sometime, and have had few issues. Later in the Summer I added a 3-node Linksys Velop mesh network, and turned off the radios to my 890/L.

I hadn't connected to the office in a while, but when I did, I suffered continuous disconnects every few minutes. Then my son experienced the same thing using VPN to his school. Streaming services like Netflix worked fine - I thought that maybe stream buffering might be "masking" the dropouts, and that VPN connections were simply more susceptible to it.

There were lots of posts in other forums around the Velop being notorious for dropping connections, so I chalked up my issues to that - until I turned one of my 890/L radios back on and set up a separate SSID. Connecting to that and bypassing the Velop revealed the same issue when initiating a VPN connection.

I went a step further out on the hardware chain and turned on one of the radios on my AT&T gateway with yet another SSID. A VPN session while connected there was solid as a rock.

Given all that, I have to think that the issue is with my particular DD-WRT build, or WiFi settings.

I've looked for more recent builds that have had good results on the 890/L, but so far haven't found much.

Are you still on r33679, or have you tried a more recent build?
aaronburro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is 30-30-30 necessary for this router?

Also, does anyone else have a crazy amount of TX errors on WL2? I have ~16% TX errors. I'm running Kong's 37015M, with a repeater bridge.
DBB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not a dumb question at all, especially after seeing so much stock put into the Peacock files that everyone insists you read before flashing your router.

I’ve had to reset mine many times due to bad firmware files, etc., and have never once done the 30/30/30 thing. In fact, I’ve seen several posts state that doing so can actually foul these up. Don’t know if it’s a Broadcom thing, or just that it’s no longer necessary with most modern routers. I think probably the latter.

I can’t speak to the Transmission errors - I’ve turned my radios all off after putting in a Velop mesh.
RKramkowski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 20:58    Post subject: Intermittent connection issues Reply with quote
So I'm having intermittent Internet connectivity issues. I'm seeing a lot of T3 timeouts on my cable modem and so am on a quest to see if I have any internal wiring issues (loose connections, etc.) . One thing I see is that if I run a speedtest when directly connected to my cable modem, I get about 120 Mbps download but am lucky to get 75Mb download when connected through my switch and router (LAN, not wireless). I have a Gb switch and the D-Link DIR890L router, running DD-WRT build 37305 but I'm running Cat5e cabling. Haven't yet rewired for Cat6 to more reliably handle the internal Gb network devices. The cable techs insist it's something with my router but I cannot see what. One thing I haven't found is much information on the build stability or what they fix. There are a number of versions since 37305 but I don't know whether I should upgrade and if so, to what version? Info seems pretty scarce. Any recommendations or sources of information?
Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:08    Post subject: Re: Intermittent connection issues Reply with quote
RKramkowski wrote:
So I'm having intermittent Internet connectivity issues. I'm seeing a lot of T3 timeouts on my cable modem and so am on a quest to see if I have any internal wiring issues (loose connections, etc.) . One thing I see is that if I run a speedtest when directly connected to my cable modem, I get about 120 Mbps download but am lucky to get 75Mb download when connected through my switch and router (LAN, not wireless). I have a Gb switch and the D-Link DIR890L router, running DD-WRT build 37305 but I'm running Cat5e cabling. Haven't yet rewired for Cat6 to more reliably handle the internal Gb network devices. The cable techs insist it's something with my router but I cannot see what. One thing I haven't found is much information on the build stability or what they fix. There are a number of versions since 37305 but I don't know whether I should upgrade and if so, to what version? Info seems pretty scarce. Any recommendations or sources of information?

Try the Kong builds. They are more stable than the BS ones for this model. Use the R8000 build for the 890L.
Official downloads (only latest version):
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/TEST/
Unofficial archive:
http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
RKramkowski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! I'm guessing I have to revert to the stock D-Link firmware before switching? Or can I go directly to Kong's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: