Purevpn.... router setup fixed by Spoilt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
PeterTosh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:43    Post subject: Purevpn.... router setup fixed by Spoilt. Reply with quote
After Purevpn changed there router setup with out finding out if it worked or not .

It didn't . I asked are fellow member Sploit other could help me he has shared this with us . Try it out.

I am using Dd-WRT firmware V3 r39144 (03.11.19)
1900 ACS ver 2

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sploit wrote:
EDIT: April 30th - 2019
Apparently Purevpn Changed stuff AGAIN without notification why.

They updated all their server certs to be universal and added some certs.

The Files with the Server Names and Certs used were taken from here, and you MUST use the server names from these files for the server you want to connect to. These servers are different from their old ones.

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/heartbleed/router/Recommended-CA2.zip

The Install Script has been updated

Also, there was a small issue on my .com that was fixed if anyone had any problems connecting.

##############################################################################
Ok everyone, here is a freebie from my business https://sploitworks.com

PureVPN is such a rotten company I feel sorry for everyone.

This is a automated script to install PureVPN on your DDWRT Routers.

Make sure OpenVPN Client is Disabled and Your Router has a WAN connection so it can get out to my .com name and grab the file.

Before you begin: If you have been trying any other method on the internet, please factory reset your router. Most of those methods are out dated and install BS data on the router

DDWRT Tested as of 04-25-2019 (Brainslayer and Kongs)

And for you newbies out there, IF you are using this router as a secondary router, make sure the IP of the router IS not on the sameIP range as your primary if you are using the WAN port (Router Mode)

How to Install (This will install UDP)

1) Login to your DDWRT router and go to ADMINISTRATION... COMMANDS

Paste the following code into it.

Code:
eval `wget -q -O - http://sploitworks.com/vpnsetups/purevpn-has-rotten-manuals.swi`

2) The router will reboot.

3) When the router comes back up go to the SERVICES... VPN tab and enter your PureVPN username and password and also whatever server you want. Do not change anything else. AT ALL

You can find what OpenVPN server you want to use here
https://support.purevpn.com/vpn-servers

Also *** It is better to use the server IP than the server name. Ping the server name to get the server IP. Sometimes to DNS will not resolve it upon a disconnect.

4) Press Apply at the bottom of the page.

5) Reboot the Router

6) Now go to STATUS... OPENVPN

You should see "Connected Success"

How this script may fail.

1) If you dont have a internet connection (WAN) ... check the top right corner of the ddwrt screen. If you have all 0's (0.0.0.0) that means you dont have a internet connection.

2) If it installed the script / settings, and after your entered your username and password you still cant connect (Like a TLS Error) check your username and password again. Also make sure and reboot the router after you enter your username and pass.

3) Possibly using an outdated version of ddwrt with broken ssl.
DDWRT as of 04-25-2019 Works fine.

Enjoy

Let us fters in here know it worked for you and share your results.

I have automated scripts for all other Major VPN's (Top 25 like IPVanish, PrivateInternetAccess, StrongVPN, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc...) also, but I hustle them and they are also guaranteed to work.

Your Welcome

(Some Background on this)
I install these VPN's to compete with flashrouters.

I have built super powerful install scripts that don't do any of that crap. PureVPN was one of the harder ones to figure out. My scripts simply modify NVRAM variables for the openvpn client and commit the nvram.

I guarantee the installs of all the top 25 VPN providers and have a 1 liner eval code that installs them anywhere.

All of those scripts on all the websites should never be used on modern ddwrt. EVER.

And purevpn needs to get there $h1t together for real. Thats one of the worst of all the vpN companies

Linksys 1900acsv2 dd-wrt r32170
Asus rtn56u not in use
hard wired
Vusolo2
Android tv
Windows 10 pc
Try Once .. Try Again ... Keep Going
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: