VHT80 and wireless security

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
mitchb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 20:10    Post subject: VHT80 and wireless security Reply with quote
Hello ,

I have a WRT1900ac with DD-WRT r39296 running on it .

I found that 5G wifi is slow on it .

After much searching I found that when I put wireless security on it slow down greatly.

Now I know security will do that but what I also found is that VHT80 seams to drop off.. If I look at the wifi signal it look like a 20 MHz widht.

thanks for your help.

Mike
Sponsor
Kevinpstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
The VPN can boost up the speed. There are lots of paid and free VPN. If you don’t have a budget to pay for a VPN then find a free one online. But the paid VPN is optional to better keep your privacy. If you are not sure how to decide a right VPN then I advise using NordVPN. It is a well famous VPN around the world. If you want then go for it now. The basis for your slow YouTube play is most possible your Internet link. Your mobile phone is a great piece of tech but by default some of its powers are not in use. Also Speedify uses channel linking to raise the bandwidth your tool has available for video playing or anything else you need an internet link for. It used to be that you had to be a company with a lot of money to spend on unique hardware to get the return of channel linking. But Speedify builds it as easy as downloading an app.
Speedify is also come up with the auto failover. This means that if one of your links fails. It routinely reroutes all the traffic through your on hand bond. This happens in the background without you having to do anything. You just get to go on having your YouTube videos. Also it’s good to clear up the cache time to time. When you load the first time the browser caches all in order to load sooner next time. This will make browser store too much flash data which can be the cause of YouTube running slow. If you have cached the data skip this way. If not clear the cache and see if it works. May crisis can be caused by out-of-date flash. Go to Adobe’s site to get the latest version of flash. You can visit this best essay writing service for the future writing helps.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:28    Post subject: Re: VHT80 and wireless security Reply with quote
mitchb wrote:
Hello ,

I have a WRT1900ac with DD-WRT r39296 running on it .

I found that 5G wifi is slow on it .

After much searching I found that when I put wireless security on it slow down greatly.

Now I know security will do that but what I also found is that VHT80 seams to drop off.. If I look at the wifi signal it look like a 20 MHz widht.

thanks for your help.

Mike

What are your wireless settings, i.e. mixed/N-only/AC-only, and what security are you using i.e. WPA, WPA2, etc.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
D3m0n1q_733rz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
A few factors can affect your speeds. First, is distance. Depending on how far you are from your router, the speed will decrease to attempt to transmit bits longer to be heard clearer.
Second, is what algorithms you're using for packets and security. If you're utilizing packet compression, each packet is checked for compressability before being compressed with your chosen algorithm and being sent out. If you utilize a high-overhead algorithm, this will certainly slow things down. This will also be true if you utilize SHA-256 for WPA2.
And finally, there's interference. If the channels are populated somehow (apartment building) then you'll find decreased speeds.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: