New user, Archer c9 issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Bmehling
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 23:52    Post subject: New user, Archer c9 issues Reply with quote
Greetings all-

As noted in the subject, I'm new to using this firmware, which I flashed on my Archer c9 v3 out of desperation when after months of issues with WiFi connectivity it just stopped giving out IP addresses for WiFi, even after a full factory reset. Flashed dd-wrt and all is good as far as network functionality.

The problem I am having is that I have been using an external drive enclosure attached to the router as a network-based backup drive. I am trying to set this up on the new firmware, but nothing under the NAS tab will save. Clicking Save or Apply gets no response. The drive is attached, formatted ext3 (I don't have a 'big' build...don't know if one is available?) and the router sees it under the USB tab. I've watched a few videos on this but I'm just not getting any cooperation.

I know I'm on a beta build (37305), so maybe that's the problem? Is there a non-beta build available? This appeared to be the newest one. If there's a big build, I'd like to have that so I can use NTFS, but I've had no luck finding either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:45    Post subject: Re: New user, Archer c9 issues Reply with quote
Bmehling wrote:
I know I'm on a beta build (37305), so maybe that's the problem? Is there a non-beta build available? This appeared to be the newest one. If there's a big build, I'd like to have that so I can use NTFS, but I've had no luck finding either.
To summarize: Smile
1. That's not the newest build, and all DD builds are beta
2. A C9 should only ever use the builds in the appropriately-versioned C9 directory (see f/w FAQ step3)
3. I've seen threads about NAS/USB issues; try an older build like ~35531. You could try the latest build too.

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Bmehling
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the response jwh7.

Good to know that all builds are labeled as beta. I'll keep that in mind. The build I'm using was the newest one listed under the Archer c9 v3 section in the database. I'll give the one you mentioned a shot, hopefully, this weekend. 😊
Bmehling
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
@jwh7 I tried the newest version on the site you listed, and no luck there. I also started having DNS issues, so I went back to the oldest version listed in the Router Database. USB/NAS pages are functional, and I got the share to show up on my computer, but I can't actually access it. Windows says it can't find it. I can access it fine via ftp, but that doesn't really help my backup software.

I probably have something configured wrong, and I need to do some more research on it.

Anyway, I just wanted to update anyone who's paying attention to this on my status. Smile
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
New builds are popping up like mushrooms in a forest these days so just keep your eyes on the broadcom forum. Brainslayer is pretty much in overdrive giving us new router candy every few days. Every build comes with its own ups and downs. Stuff breaks and gets repaired again. It's an ongoing process.

A few things:

1. It is very much appreciated here if you search and search and search this forum until you absolutely positively surely and irrefutably cannot find any solution. Lots has been asked before. You won't offend people if you ignore this rule. From personal experience I can tell you that people will simply ignore you as a reward. Wink

2. Come back here on a weekly or so basis and monitor people's experiences with every new build. Some day your ideal build will appear.

3. Be prepared for bricks and know what to do when it happens. Don't come here for help. You probably won't get any, unless it's a really special case or it's your lucky day.

4. Perhaps start with combing through the C9 thread. Lots of reports from people there about their ideal builds and you can probably gain some good knowledge there.

Disclaimer: this is merely a heads-up, a frame of reference of what to expect and what not. None of this is meant as criticism or cynicism in any way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: