OpenVPN losing settings after reboot

Faw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 17:42    Post subject: OpenVPN losing settings after reboot Reply with quote
I have a Linksys EA6400 (upgraded to R39469) and for some reason I keep losing settings after reboot. It seems the following values arent being saved to NVRAM

PPTP Server:
  • Server IP (empty after reboot)

OpenVPN Server:
  • Network (0.0.0.0 after reboot)
  • CA Cert (empty after reboot)

What are the nvram keys for those, I want to change them and then check with 'nvram show' after saving.
Sponsor
Faw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
You've probably exhausted nvram in which to store the certs and keys. This is fairly common w/ older routers. Try enabling JFFS on the Administration page and storing the files there, then referencing them from Additional Config.

Code:
ca /jffs/openvpn/server/ca.crt
cert /jffs/openvpn/server/server.crt
key /jffs/openvpn/server/server.key
dh /jffs/openvpn/server/dh.pem

You could also store and reference them from USB if your router supports it.

Well, I found out the key names, set the config and when I check with 'nvram show' everything is set, with 37K of 64K nvram used.

I created a startup script setting the nvram values and when I check the config it is set. If I click "Apply Settings" both services start and work. Is there a way to "Apply settings" from the startup script?
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
These EA series have a dual boot setup, you can not go over 32K of NVRAM, at least that was with my EA6900.

In my signature is a setup guide for the EA6900 with ways to mitigate the 32K problem (startup command to delete all unused nvram parameters)

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Faw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
egc wrote:
These EA series have a dual boot setup, you can not go over 32K of NVRAM, at least that was with my EA6900.

In my signature is a setup guide for the EA6900 with ways to mitigate the 32K problem (startup command to delete all unused nvram parameters)

I did the 'clearing empty nvram' script and don't get the problem anymore. Nvram Memory stays at 25K. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: