D-Link Dir-882

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
NightRunner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 19:00    Post subject: D-Link Dir-882 Reply with quote
Hi there I am trying to install dd-wrt via https://sushantbhosale.com/untitled/ these steps. I left it for almost 30 mins. The red light would keep blinking and nothing. I powered down the unit and it would not go to 192.168.1.1 could someone help please?

Thank You
Sponsor
SoLoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
as per tutorial you should go to 192.168.0.1 to access recovery mode, not 192.168.1.1. 192.168.1.1 is default ip once dd-wrt is already up... Also keep in mind you need to set ip manually to something in 192.168.0.0/24 subnet (not .1) to access recovery mode and after you flash dd-wrt you need to set ip back to dhcp or to 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.
Chade Fallstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 22:46    Post subject: Re: D-Link Dir-882 Reply with quote
NightRunner wrote:
Hi there I am trying to install dd-wrt via https://sushantbhosale.com/untitled/ these steps. I left it for almost 30 mins. The red light would keep blinking and nothing. I powered down the unit and it would not go to 192.168.1.1 could someone help please?

Thank You

You should use this build instead: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/03-22-2019-r39267/dlink-dir882-a1/

The one you get shown from the guide you posted leads you to an old build from 2018. You may also want to follow this guide, I copy and pasted the guide into a text file sometime ago, for easy access:

Quote:
1:You cannot load the DD-WRT firmware through the D-Link GUI. You will have to do a crash recovery:

Hold the reset button down.
While still holding the reset button down, press the power button (to turn the router off) for 5 seconds and then press the button again to turn the router on while still holding down the button.
You can also pull the power plug out and back in instead of using the power button.
Wait 10 seconds and then release.
Allow at least 90 seconds for the router to boot.
The power LED will blink red.

2: You will need to statically assign your computer an IP address of 192.168.0.2 (255.255.255.0).

3: Open Internet Explorer (do not use chrome or edge). Go to http://192.168.0.1. The D-Link recovery page will appear. If it doesn't, you did not do the crash recovery properly. Repeat the process.

4: Browse to factory-to-ddwrt.bin file and click Upload.

5: Upgrade process should take 3-5 minutes.

6: When the success page appears, close your browser.

7: Change your IP settings on your computer to either DHCP or statically assign to 192.168.1.xxx (255.255.255.0). The default IP of the router will be 192.168.1.1.

8: Open Internet Explorer and enter 192.168.1.1. DD-WRT will now be installed. You will be prompted to create a username and password.

9: You can now upgrade the DD-WRT firmware (dlink-dir882-webflash.bin). Go to Administration > Firmware Upgrade and browse to the "webflash.bin" file.

Apologies to whoever wrote this guide originally, i forget were it came from, but it always works for me.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slight variation of procedure mentioned above,

FurryNutz wrote:
Use the following browsers only: IE or Fire Fox. Chrome and other browsers may cause the FW download to become corrupt or may improperly handle the data causing the router to be come bricked. Internet Explorer works sometimes however users have reported that FF has better results and works 100% of the time. For IE, lower the IE security settings, add the 192.168.0.1 or .50 to the trusted sites under "sites" in security tab of the Internet Options.

Procedure for DIR series routers

Store a copy of the router firmware (.BIN) on the HDD of a local PC. Download the FW file ahead of time.

Connect an Ethernet cable between one of the LAN ports on the rear of the router and the network port on the local PC

Configure the PC with a static IP address other than 192.168.0.1 (e.g. 192.168.0.5)

Power down the router and unplug the power cord

Press and hold the reset button on the rear of the router for 3 to 5 seconds and re-plug the power cord without releasing the reset button

Continue to hold the reset button until the amber power light keeps blinking on and off. NOTE: For some DIR series, continue holding the reset button up to 10 seconds.

Open a web browser and enter the following address: http://192.168.0.1/

Wait for the D-Link Router Recovery Mode page to load (See Exhibit 1 below)

Using the Choose File button, select the router firmware stored on the local PC and then press Upload

After the firmware successfully loads, a Success page will display

With that said,
WARNING: Reboots under heavy traffic is common problem with dd-wrt firmware paired with the DIR-878 and DIR-882 models.
kabi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 20:15    Post subject: Re: D-Link Dir-882 Reply with quote
Quote:

3: Open Internet Explorer (do not use chrome or edge). Go to http://192.168.0.1. The D-Link recovery page will appear. If it doesn't, you did not do the crash recovery properly. Repeat the process.

My personal experience - in case anyone would be trying to upload this firmware via Linux OS - safe yourself a big portion of time and use Windows machine - D-Link recovery page is hardly usable with anything else...
Iangh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/03-27-2019-r39296/dlink-dir882-a1/. Have found the later builds don't work, https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319511
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: