Need serious help with ASUS AC3200 with ethernet ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 17:38    Post subject: Need serious help with ASUS AC3200 with ethernet ports Reply with quote
So for the past 5 days i have setup a AC3200 with DDWRT it is now running build 39538.

Problem is that every half a day or so the router would load up on CPU but looking at the processes nothing is "stuck" or using that much CPU. Usually I just do a reboot. Until today....

Today I rebooted the AC3200. and it just crashed. I couldn't get into. So I decided to get into the CFE and reflash. Nothing. Until I moved the ethernet cable from port 1 to port 4. CFE came up.

Reflashed DDWRT and went into the VLAN and notice that my PHY port 4 is now port 2 in DDWRT, Changed it to PHY port 3 and it's port 3, change it to PHY port 2 and it's port 4 and PHY port 1, it's completely dead. I thought maybe the NVRAM is screwy... so I did setup SSH and got in to CLI and did a 'nvram erase' and then reboot. Same result. Got into CFE and did a erase nram from there. Same result.

After awhile, I decided to load up the default ASUS's firmware back on it. Load and behold, ALL the ports are correct. PHY Port 1 also works. All the ports works. So I decided that, "well if everything works, let's flash back to DDWRT". As soon as I did the CFE (Hold Reset and power on), Port 1 stopped working and I put the cable back on port 4 and flashed DDWRT on it. and same thing. All the port is whacked and port 1 doesn't work.

So I need someone that is an expert to tell me how to "properly" reset whatever it is, since flashing the original ASUS's firmware made everything works.

PS. i did do the 30-30-30 reset, but that didnt' do anything

Sponsor
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I solved my own problem.

The last thing I did was loading the factory firmware (latest) from ASUS.

Enable SSH

Got in to the CLI

and did a 'mtd-erase2 nvram' and 'nvram erase'

flash back to DDWRT and the route is working as it should even after loading my settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: