Kong won't login after reset - root/admin not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
xichael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Kong won't login after reset - root/admin not working Reply with quote
Have build 37015M on my R6300v2, and after a 30 reset, the usual root/admin combination won't let me in. Did you happen to use a different default password on that build, Kong?
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm 30/30/30 reset is a bad idea as it not recommended on new age routers, ppl keep doing it and
get bad experience after that, in the future either use reset button or use CLI nvram erase && reboot or GUI
reset to factory defaults..

after reset usually you have to set your new username and password its what ever you set...
for WiFi is usually the pass hard-coded on the router
check the label under or use LAN to connect im not sure 37015M is using the hard-coded WiFi password as it an old build...
the best builds for R6300v2 are Kong builds
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

read all read me files there

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had my router reset many times and there were times it defaults to the router's original password. Check the sticker on the bottom of your unit. It has the default password on it.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: