Ad-blocking on DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
701b84b9ff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I have this working, but not sure. How are you guys verifying that it is actually blocking ads correctly?

detectadblock.com says I'm not blocking ads...
Sponsor
0Legolas0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
701b84b9ff wrote:
I think I have this working, but not sure. How are you guys verifying that it is actually blocking ads correctly?

detectadblock.com says I'm not blocking ads...

Do you see ads, and/or reduction in ads?
jdc4429
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 20:34    Post subject: Using Ad Blocking with OpenVPN client Reply with quote
Hello All,

I am attempting to add Ad blocking to my dd-wrt router. I currently have it configured to connect to my VPN provider using the OpenVPN client.

I see where some options need to be turned on that I have off for my OpenVPN configuration and I think enabling the DNS or DNSMasq (which is required for this?) may break the OpenVPN client. I saw another post where it appears you need to setup another DNS service to handle this in order to not break the OpenVPN?

Could someone please explain how this needs to be configured to work in conjunction with the OpenVPN client please. Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

Jeff
cdrkeen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm unable to update or install Steam Games after installing this script.

I've added both steamcontent.com and steampowered.com, but it still doesn't work.

I've connected my computer directly to my modem and it works just fine.

Is there a possibility that this hostfile is blocking Steam? because when plugged into the router i have to connect multiple times to get my account to login.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 17
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: