Asus RT-AC66U Firmware -- Stable release, sometime?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
The Linux Kernel is 3.18

I have tested up to Build 39031. They run stable. I have not been home to test the latest builds

Don't do a nvram reset on this model, the 5Ghz will be unusable. Reset in the GUI only.

Well, the kernel version conflicts with the information I found and posted in his other thread:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1161164#1161164

Pretty sure it depends on if it's a MIPS or ARM version of that device.... and whether or not it's a BS or <Kong> build for the ARM version....
Sponsor
mhegab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many thanks Per Yngve Berg
allgamer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply.

Just wanted to say I've been rolling on
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) giga - build 21061

for years in this Asus RT-AC66U, only rebooted it maybe 5 times if ever. (ISP tech support insisted on rebooting, when we well know it's not the routers fault.)

It's been rock solid since I picked it up from the store, the first thing I did when I got home was to wipe factory and install DDWRT on it, and it's been stable since.

I was just passing by checking to see if there was a never version of the firmware, but from what I read ... It appears I'm better off staying with my current version.
u2n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stumbled upon this thread and surprised to read of widespread instability -- which I've also been experiencing in builds from the past year.

This is in two separate ac68u routers, both BS and Kong builds, and even connected with two different modems.

Sometimes just the wifi drops, but most times there's a complete system crash, and with nothing in the log to indicate the cause.

Been running dd-wrt for ~10 years in several routers and it's always been (well, mostly) rock-solid. Until now. How to find the problem code without a log entry to give a clue where to look I do not know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
As a DD-WRT user since the late 2000's I periodically search this topic. For me the latest "mostly stable" build I found was 33555 (10/20/2017), which I run on my RT-AC66U's and RT-N16's. Shame this seems like it's a dead end.

When I finally replace my routers (looking at the RT-AC86U or RT-AX86U's now) I'll run AsusWRT-Merlin. Downside is it doesn't look like Merlin has all the traffic and bandwidth utilization graphs DD-WRT does, but at least it's current and still being developed. Sad
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please research the build release thread reports. If anyone is flashing and not reporting, they are not doing the community any favors.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: