Cisco E2500 bricked only RTE on cosole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
alienlovesecrets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 22:09    Post subject: Cisco E2500 bricked only RTE on cosole Reply with quote
well literaly almost kill my e2500 because dont have CFE and leave on RTE with three commands.

any chance how to fix guys any idea... thanks!

RTE (usbrdl) v5.100 (TOB) running on BCM43236 r2 @ 20/120/120 MHz.
rdl0: Broadcom USB Remote Download Adapter
ei 1, ebi 2, ebo 1

Last edited by alienlovesecrets on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:14; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 23:55    Post subject: Re: Cisco E2500 bricked only RTE on cosole Reply with quote
alienlovesecrets wrote:
...wrong port in V3 is close to reset button

I don't have E2500v3 but apparently the board must look somewhat like the v2.
Like 'HERE'

I guess you found out the other (looks like standard serial) is really for its nasty USB crap Razz
alienlovesecrets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:12    Post subject: Re: Cisco E2500 bricked only RTE on cosole Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
alienlovesecrets wrote:
...wrong port in V3 is close to reset button

I don't have E2500v3 but apparently the board must look somewhat like the v2.
Like 'HERE'

I guess you found out the other (looks like standard serial) is really for its nasty USB crap Razz

ohh well, finally recovery unit but i flashed to bad build "dd-wrt.v24-37305_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin"
i think so and now only dimm lights no CFE or RTE... bad thing!
so no telnet no serial or ssh of course. maybe only flash eeprom from external right ????
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you follow the wiki? Initial flash should be the Fractal build...

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

Honestly, if you want to flash custom firmware for the V3, and want working 5GHz radio, I would go with FreshTomato. Outside of that, the latest factory firmware has been patched for most vulnerabilities. Not entirely sure what you're looking to configure that necessitates the need for DD-WRT on an E2500...
alienlovesecrets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Did you follow the wiki? Initial flash should be the Fractal build...

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

Honestly, if you want to flash custom firmware for the V3, and want working 5GHz radio, I would go with FreshTomato. Outside of that, the latest factory firmware has been patched for most vulnerabilities. Not entirely sure what you're looking to configure that necessitates the need for DD-WRT on an E2500...

yes already due initial serial console flash but right now looks like dead unit "dont have any light" and with multimeter see voltages onboard but dont power up.
im mind "no lights"

im think to buy a usb programmer and Pomona SOIC-8 clip to write the windbond eeprom and see what happen.

full flash file have cfe and all partitions right? or no?!
maybe im wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: