Simple select MAC adress for static IP

Speedys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 19:34    Post subject: Simple select MAC adress for static IP Reply with quote
Hello,

I would like to have some static IP leases.
To do that i have to write down the mac adress and then write it into the static leases table.
Is there no simpe way to do this, via selecting via dropdown menu?
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't know a nice menu way, but instead of typing the MAC addresses into the little boxes in the gui, you can add lines like this (assuming you are using DNSMasq) in the DNSMasq Additional Configuration box:

dhcp-host=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,NameToUse,192.168.1.YYY,720m

replacing MAC address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, NameToUse, and IP address 192.168.1.YYY as appropriate. I have a 24 hour lease specified at the end, but I believe I have seen people put "infinite" in that spot.

You still have to research the MAC addresses (I use the GUI info under the Status tab along with the system log) and type stuff out, but at least you can use a proper text editor.

Be careful not to put Windows-style CRLF line endings into the GUI box. I forget which, notepad or wordpad, is the one that can be convinced to stick to linux-style LF line endings, but it's an easy google.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: