WOL 80-80 port forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
funkytwig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 15:37    Post subject: WOL 80-80 port forward Reply with quote
Hi, been looking for a router that supports WOL and allows us to port forward 80-80 (as we run a failover server and there are old http links various places on the web).

So do all the DD-WRT supported routers allow this.

I am thinking of a TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) or is there a better option in that price range?

Also, how do I change my email address on this forum?

Ben
Sponsor
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not quite sure what *you* mean by WOL.

The dd-wrt router certainly has the ability to issue WOL commands (i.e., the magic packet) to devices on the local network (see Administration->WOL). That said, if you mean *remote* WOL (say from a wifi cafe via the WAN and into your local network), then you have several options. You could access the GUI remotely and use the WOL page (although I don't generally recommend exposing the GUI remotely), or perhaps SSH into the router and issue the /sbin/wol command directly, or else configure port forwarding for WOL as explained in the following document.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WOL

As far as 80-80 port forwarding, if by that you mean can you map (external) port 80 on the WAN side to the same (internal) port and some local IP (e.g., 192.168.1.100), then yes, assuming nothing else is using port 80 on the WAN. And assuming your ISP is not blocking port 80 either (some do because they restrict port 80 to business customers).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: