Surfshark ...Kill switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
PeterTosh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04    Post subject: Surfshark ...Kill switch Reply with quote
I have been testing Surf shark router setup for dd-wrt it's easy to use works with the latest firmware, stable in. and well priced .they will also give you a free trial ..
They only have 500 servers at this time

I asked for there kill switch and they sent me. This

To create a kill-switch, you can go into Administration --> Commands, and enter this script:

WAN_IF=`nvram get wan_iface`
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o $WAN_IF -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -p tcp -o $WAN_IF -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -p udp -o $WAN_IF -j REJECT --reject-with udp-reset

Then select Save Firewall, go into Administration --> Management --> Reboot router.

Is it good

Linksys 1900acsv2 dd-wrt r32170
Asus rtn56u not in use
hard wired
Vusolo2
Android tv
Windows 10 pc
Try Once .. Try Again ... Keep Going
Sponsor
timmytimtimbuktu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
it does. The IKS disconnects your internet connection for a while so if the VPN connection gets dropped midway, the original IP won't get leaked. At least that's the idea.
sarahprice
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been using one of the latest wireless router "NETGEAR R6400V2 AC1750 FLASHROUTER" configured with dd-wrt firmware installed. It is configured with Ivacy VPN and works perfect. The router is placed on the main corridor and the internet is shared in our building. No security vulnerabilities faced at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: