Suggestion to update Wiki - Remote Port Forwarding

Libros
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 19:35    Post subject: Suggestion to update Wiki - Remote Port Forwarding Reply with quote
Hello,

anyone who has account for DD-WRT Wiki pages (I know is not easy to get one), can you please update info in section:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/SSH#Remote_Port_Forwarding

There is example for setting up reverse ssh tunnel:

Quote:
HomePC <-> Router <-> Internet <-> Firewall <-> WorkPC

WorkPC, which is running RDP on port 3389, issues ssh -R 5555:localhost:3389 root@router.home

HomePC can use his RDP client to connect to port 5555 on the router and this would create an SSH tunnel which will connect HomePC to port 3389 on the WorkPC.

With the command mentioned other devices on the network (like HomePC) would never be able to use the port on the router, because by default it will listen only on loopback interface and connection is possible only from router itself.

I wanted to use similar solution (but for ssh+web connection) and spent several days of troubleshooting (I thought it was the firewall), till I found that the command on wiki should be:

ssh -R 0.0.0.0:5555:localhost:3389 root@router.home

which will allow also other devices on the LAN to use the opened port.

Please update the command on wiki, in case someone else would want to achieve similar solution.

Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: