TP-Link Archer C7 (ac1750)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
guido72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 13:14    Post subject: no wifi Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to DDWRT. I Have the Archer C7 v2 (EU) with higher firmware build than was in the instruction. So I just went ahead and installed DD-WRT firmware build 37305.
This seamed to work, but I have one problem. I hope I am just overlooking something?
When I leave wifi-security settings Disabled, I have bothe 2.4 and 5GHz wifi. But as soon as I enable security, the wifi is shut off! I tried WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, TKIP, AES or both.
I have the router as AP and the WAN-port is part of the switch, DHCP is off. Any ideas what I do wrong?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
A lot of problems with 37305. Try 38507

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318463
guido72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
A lot of problems with 37305. Try 38507

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318463

Thank you! This version works, and wifi coverich specially with in combination with Chinese phones is much better than with the TP-Link firmware!
number17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

I recently bricked my long-term EA6500 running dd-wrt so I am looking for a replacement.

The C7 seems to meet my requirements ... I need Gigabit Ethernet ports, and I need router with relatively high memory to handle multiple streaming. I really don't care about wifi at all (I shut it off, cause I use mesh-wifi in bridge mode that's ethernet connected to the router) and I don't care about USB ports (have a separate FTP / multimedia server on PC, again connected via Ethernet to router)

Just a few quick questions ...

- Is C7 dd-wrt friendly? Meaning, is it easy to brick, or do firmwares get 'stuck'? I have bad experience with Tp link WDR4900 before

- I run OpenVPN server on dd-wrt router, does C7 supports that?

- Is there a specific version (v1, v2, v3) that I should be looking for? I take it if I go out and buy a C7 today it will most likely be v3?

That's all, thanks in advance!
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
The down-side with TP-Link routers, is that they have small flash space.
number17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
The down-side with TP-Link routers, is that they have small flash space.
True... which router would you recommend then?

Again I don't care about wifi at all, I just need something that is GE ports WAN and LAN, and runs stable DD-wrt and supports OpenVPN server ... thanks!
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Netgear R7500 V1

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_R7500

It has a defective 5 Ghz wifi, but have a good processor for VPN.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Netgear-NIGHTHAWK-x4-Ac2350-99p-No-Reserve/233144573742?hash=item36487fdf2e:g:4yMAAOSw~2xccmaf:rk:10:pf:0

The R7500 V2 have a different wifi chip that works with dd-wrt

Top of the line is R7800 (300 Mbit/s through VPN)

The Broadcom based R7000 wil also perform better than your old router
HaOsLsE
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
msoengineer wrote:

This driver setting on the Intel chipsets will disable HT40 on 2.4ghz, and sends a signal to nearby routers to not use HT40 in 2.4ghz too. This setting will prevent you from achieving full link speeds, so your advice is very conflicting and ill advised. I would keep this "off". Your connection rate is a function of signal strength/ distance away from the router.

The ≥38507 builds started having guide issues where the httpd service hangs. It may have been fixed in 38535... Kong builds reverted BS's httpd tweaks that broke the GUI.

Just coming back to check up on posts. @msoengineer, thanks! you are right. I had other settings that needed tweaking within dd-wrt. Once I used most/all the recommended settings my speeds were as they should be. I have disabled the Fat Channel Intolerant and my connection speeds are 650-866 consistently. I just wanted to come back and make sure that everyone has the right info. Thanks again.

And I'm starting to think moving back to dd-wrt has made this router live a bit longer. Like I said previously it was starting to be slow and unresponsive when trying to access the gui after running awhile. it's been almost 2 months without an issue running dd-wrt and not the latest stock firmware.
jicanew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi! what is the latest stable version for the archer c7 v5? I have installed the r37961 everything works fine except that the wifi is very slow.

Any in more recent versions?

Thanks!
hyelton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all!

Thinking of going back DD-WRT

Been using Merlin firmware on my ASUS AC66u-b1 and lately its been flaky relibity wise. I've had a new Archer C7v4 sitting in the box for awhile now thinking of switching over to it.

How reliable has dd-wrt been lately? Its been 5 years or so since I last used dd-wrt as a main. Currently have the latest beta flashed.

I only have 100/10 cable connection but usually have around 30 or so devices connected (all wired) I use a separate AP for WiFi so thats not an issue.

Looking to be able to just set it up and leave it alone. With maybe updating firmware every 6 months or so, as I wouldn't have the time to constantly update it when new releases come out.
MasterGoa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a C7V4 and I love it!

Would recommend.
singo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
why my 2.4GHz download speed is so slow?

is there any best setting for 2.4Ghz on this router?

Help... the upload can pull 60-80mbps but download is below 30mbps
my internet speed is 150mbps/150mbps

I am using latest r39144 build

additional notes:

I just bought today and did the factory to ddwrt...

now my problem is the whole LAN ports speedtest just maxed download to 30mbps other than that is fine
Wifi 2.4GHz download 30mbps and all lan port only maxed download 30mbps (for internet using speedtest) what is happening here? is there a code inside the firmware that cap this speed?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 15:56    Post subject: Little advice please... Reply with quote
I've got a TP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750) v4 that has some 3rd-party firmware installed as part of a beta program, now over. I was hoping to revert to the OEM firmware or install the DD-WRT firmware but neither wants to work as I get the message: "The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure that you choose the generic image format for your platform."

While the router works, I'd rather move to DD-WRT but am afraid of bricking what is, at the moment, perfectly functional. My question is, can I simply use TFTP to put either the "factory-to-ddwrt.bin" file or "tplink_archer-c7-v4.bin" file on it, presumably at the home IP address of the router and reboot the router to do so? Would that work?

If not, suggestions? Much appreciated... I'm just technical enough to be dangerous but really good at following instructions!

Thanks,

Roy

UPDATE: Threw caution to the wind and tried TFTP approach... failed repeatedly no matter how many times I tried various timing/reset/reboot options via Terminal or MacTFTP. Something about the present firmware appears to be denying the ability to add a new BIN file. MacTFTP has a password option and even that didn't work... seems really strange. Any advanced router manipulation thoughts greatly appreciated!
themtgdude486
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I am new to all of this so sorry right off the bat. I am trying to install the DD-WRT file on my Archer C7 v5 so I can utilize surfshark as my vpn provider going forward. Could anyone provide me with the link to the firmware file that I need to install so I can achieve this. Thanks again.
singo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
my tplink archer c7 v5 refused to upgrade to latest r39290 from r39144. why?

Navigation

Jump to: