tl-Wa730re V2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mrendu43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 19:49    Post subject: tl-Wa730re V2 Reply with quote
hello i founde this post with flashing procedure for my
wa730rev2 but i cant finde that chinese patch utility
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156287&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

can anyone help me or redirect me whare can i download that utility?
Sponsor
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Explain Why you want the Tool if on the link you posted this one http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156287&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120 the file is already PATCHED just download it and flash, you need to be logged to see the file, if you use the Took with that file you will have a beautiful blue brick, but if you insist send me your mail via PM and I'll mail you the tool
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your answer.
yes i didnt see the file, unthil ilogd in hahaha
thx anyway i flashed my wa730re and its working better then with stock firmware
mrendu43
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok for all of you i can confirm that this firmwer working well on wa730re v2

befor with stock firmware i got disconnect all the time in repeater mode, i had to setup and reset it every night whan i got home.

For now with dd-wrt, repeater mode is working without any problems
suppenkasper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 16:42    Post subject: WA730RE v2 Upgrade to DD-WRT with Wireguard? Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a few questions. I am running the TP-Link WA730RE v2 with OpenWRT 15.05 CC atm. With OEM-FW I had the same issue like everyone with disconnects and so on.

I wanna use this device with Wireguard and maybe other features. I also orderen 64 MB Hynix RAM and 16 MB Winbond chips and hope I can extend the flash and RAM like it is shown for WR841 devices because of the theory should be the same. If possible maybe I would also love to get a working USB-Mod because AR9331 should have USB2.0-host like MR3220v2-Devices.

Unfortunately pepe2k https://github.com/pepe2k/u-boot_mod doesn't offer it straigt for WA730REv2, but I guess it should be possible to use it maybe as a MR3220v2-Device. The major diffrence I see is the Single-Port switch on WA730REv2.

So there are two questions of me:

1. What is the actuall througput you get with DD-WRT (with openwrt in 65 Mbit/s - Mode I can reach around 40 Mbit/s at a FTP-Download)
2. Is it possible to get Wireguard and maybe USB-Support for DD-WRT on this device?

Is it in general easiser to stick with OpenWRT to extend possibilities or when I change, do I need to get back to stock or is there a possibility to change direct from openwrt to dd-wrt?

I would appreciate to get some Informations.

Thanks already in advance!

danymarc wrote:
Explain Why you want the Tool if on the link you posted this one http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156287&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120 the file is already PATCHED just download it and flash, you need to be logged to see the file, if you use the Took with that file you will have a beautiful blue brick, but if you insist send me your mail via PM and I'll mail you the tool
[url][/url]
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
first it wont work with Wireguard for few reasons..
its not present on those routers, as well its CPU is very slow...
i fact what's the point to spend money and time on getto upgrades instead of buying a new (second hand) proper router..?
look at Netgear R6400, R7000 or even R7800 they have very acceptable price on ebay/amazon and support many DD-WRT features as well they have the specs too...

if its working with OpenWRT stick with it don't change it it wont get any better with DD-WRT also do keep in mind its an old router form an old era and that's how it can perform, it wont get any better, even if you update the ram and add an USB....its just not worth it...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: