A little help for frustrated D-link dir-615 c1 people

danwelsh77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 15:50    Post subject: A little help for frustrated D-link dir-615 c1 people Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new posting here but been lurking around and using dd-wrt on some old modems over the last few years and ran into a real big headache trying to flash ddwrt to my dlink 615 modem, I followed the wiki, followed forum posts, changed browsers, did hex editing but could not get it to flash on the dir-615 c1, I spent about 7 hours messing with it but continued to get wrong hardware......so I was googling away and found a way haha, it was for open-wrt but I figured what the heck I'll try it.
For those having this issue, use Curl to flash the firmware, and make sure that your network settings on ethernet are set to static. 7 hours I spent but learned alot smd in the end I won. All it took was one friggin command line with curl while the modem was in recovery safe mode. Once you remove the static ip and go back to choose automatically 192.168.1.1 brings up the ddwrt gui on this modem. Hope this may have helped some people who may have issues flashing to this modem. Have a nice day people.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: