RT AC68U 3.0-r37845M kongac (11/25/18)... slow wireless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BrutalGoerge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:56    Post subject: RT AC68U 3.0-r37845M kongac (11/25/18)... slow wireless Reply with quote
This seems to affect WAN more than LAN, but LAN is still slower than what it should be.

I have a 100mega-bit download that is pretty consistent when I test on a wired connection

When I test on a wireless connection 5Ghz, it is consistently at 30mb/s

When I test a file transfer to my nas, the wireless can do a 90mb/s file transfer, still lower than the 200/400mb/s tx/rx speed that the dd-wrt landing page says my device is connected at (phone and desktop)

I have tried manually setting the wireless channels, manually setting the tx power from 71 to 80, and lowered it to 50... all didn't change anything.

Tried AC only and mixed mode

Tried wide channel, no affect

Tried enabling/disabling the beamforming options

Screenshots of my settings: https://imgur.com/a/u8nx5o2 (file attachment wasnt working)

I have been testing with the AP in the same room

I never would have noticed til my brother came over and immediately was like WHY IS THE WIFI SO SLOW, now it's bothering me to the point where I just might wind up disabling the wifi on the router and buying a ubiquity AP or something along those lines

edit file attachments were working... oops

edit 2

I changed the router to Merlin Firmware, WAN over 5ghz wifi reaches 100mb/s... it's been a pleasure, DD-WRT, but I guess here is where we part ways.

snip.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.52 KB
 Viewed:  510 Time(s)

snip.jpg

Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please post in the Broadcom forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: