Setting up WPA2 causes SSID to disappear from networks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
the_laughing_man
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 18:52    Post subject: Setting up WPA2 causes SSID to disappear from networks Reply with quote
Hi all,

I installed DD-WRT to my C7 V4 then did the upgrade and everything works great on a wired connection. I have configured the 2.4 and 5.0 channels as follows but none of my wireless devices seem to be able to see the SSID's:

2.4:
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: Full (20 mhz)
Wireless Channel: Auto
SSID: Name I chose
Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enabled

5.0:
Wireless Mode: AP
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed
Channel Width: Full (20 mhz)
Wireless Channel: Auto
SSID: Name I chose
Wireless SSID Broadcast: Enabled

Radio Scheduling is disabled for both and I have tried every configuration I could think of for the Channel width and Wireless channel but without the desired result. Not sure if this is of importance but the wifi LED's on the C7 itself are not illuminated.Any input is appreciated thanks!

Edit: I should mention that I'm using the latest version of the C7 firmware and am unable to manually connect to the SSID despite knowing the name, encryption type and password.

Update: After reinstalling the firmware for the C7 'dd-wrt' does show up on devices as an unsecured network. After renaming the SSID and setting up WPA2 the ssids are no longer visible.

Update 2: It appears that setting up any sort of security key for either channel causes the SSIDs (regardless of name) to disappear from available networks.

Update 3: When using a WEP security setting the SSID will appear in my available networks but I cannot connect to it... The plot thickens lol

Last edited by the_laughing_man on Sun Feb 03, 2019 20:52; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
The latest build is 38535 released on Thursday.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/01-31-2019-r38535/tplink_archer-c7-v4/tplink_archer-c7-v4.bin

Don't use Channel: Auto.

For the 2.4 Ghz, use channel 1,6 or 11 only.

What regulatory domain?
the_laughing_man
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Confirmed I am using the latest update which you linked to. I live in the united states and have tried using the supported channels but that does not seem to have any effect. Could there be a setting that I'm overlooking?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not quite the same router but close.
Look at this if you havn't already.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1147614#1147614

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

the_laughing_man
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
Not quite the same router but close.
Look at this if you havn't already.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1147614#1147614

Read through that forum and after disabling management frame protection both SSIDs now appear under available networks. Thanks for the help man you rock! + rep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: