WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Fajo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 17:05    Post subject: WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off) Reply with quote
So having a isolated issue, one of my PC's keep randomly losing the ability to surf the web, it keeps connected and somethings still work (Like if your streaming a video on youtube) but it will cut off access to most of the web. Discord also stays working but the rest just cuts out like the PC was cut off.

I connected it to my other box to make sure its not a PC issue and all is fine.

any ideas, I have rebooted the WRT32x and also checked settings I cant find anything that would be causing this, Web lasts 30 min to a hour, before it just cuts out.
Sponsor
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 17:41    Post subject: Re: WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off) Reply with quote
Fajo wrote:
So having a isolated issue, one of my PC's keep randomly losing the ability to surf the web, it keeps connected and somethings still work (Like if your streaming a video on youtube) but it will cut off access to most of the web. Discord also stays working but the rest just cuts out like the PC was cut off.

any ideas, I have rebooted the WRT32x and also checked settings I cant find anything that would be causing this, Web lasts 30 min to a hour, before it just cuts out.

Sounds like a client issue to me, but you have provided FAR too little information to diagnose.

Make sure that your PC OS is fully up to date, especially with regard to the WiFi driver stack. Also ensure that you are running a 2019 build of DD-WRT.

Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/
Fajo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 17:49    Post subject: Re: WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off) Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:
Fajo wrote:

Sounds like a client issue to me, but you have provided FAR too little information to diagnose.

Make sure that your PC OS is fully up to date, especially with regard to the WiFi driver stack. Also ensure that you are running a 2019 build of DD-WRT.

If it was a client side issue it would happen with my AC1900 with DD-WRT, The PC is updated, Netcard Drivers are update, the DD-WRT version was updated from 1-24 release to the 1-31 release lastnight to see if the problem persisted.

It seems to be isolated to this PC tho as far as I can tell which makes me agree with you but nothing pops out at me. Maybe its a incompatibility with this netcard.
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 20:20    Post subject: Re: WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off) Reply with quote
Fajo wrote:
Yemble wrote:
Fajo wrote:

If it was a client side issue it would happen with my AC1900 with DD-WRT, The PC is updated, Netcard Drivers are update, the DD-WRT version was updated from 1-24 release to the 1-31 release lastnight to see if the problem persisted.

It seems to be isolated to this PC tho as far as I can tell which makes me agree with you but nothing pops out at me. Maybe its a incompatibility with this netcard.

Given your joining date of 2008, I'm going to assume that you know your way around DD-WRT. However, it's rather difficult to help when you are only drip-feeding information.

For example...
What is your OS?
What is your WiFi adapter model?
How are you connecting (what band)?
How is your router configured for WiFi?
Does the same PC connect to other router(s) without issue, using the same band?
Etc., etc...

I'm guessing some parameter mismatch between the router config and the adapter config. Is the latter on default settings, or have you tweaked it?

Firmware: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2021/
Fajo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:18    Post subject: Re: WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off) Reply with quote
Yemble wrote:
Fajo wrote:
Yemble wrote:
Fajo wrote:

Given your joining date of 2008, I'm going to assume that you know your way around DD-WRT. However, it's rather difficult to help when you are only drip-feeding information.

For example...
What is your OS?
What is your WiFi adapter model?
How are you connecting (what band)?
How is your router configured for WiFi?
Does the same PC connect to other router(s) without issue, using the same band?
Etc., etc...

I'm guessing some parameter mismatch between the router config and the adapter config. Is the latter on default settings, or have you tweaked it?

I think I have the problem solved, ill post here again if it screws up. It looks like it was a corrupted setting as a nvram clear, reflash, nv clear and resetup has seemed to solve the issue.

Correct, I have been around a while. I have 4 other devices that run DD-WRT. Normally I can figure out what the issue is and resolve it, But with the WRT32x being somewhat new to DD-WRT I wanted to make sure it was not a persistent issue that others were having that may or may not of had a work around.

Thanks all for your time.
Luisfer153cr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:27    Post subject: Re: WRT32x and 5GHz Wifi issue (Web cut off) Reply with quote
Fajo wrote:

Could you share your WiFi configuration?

Navigation

Jump to: