DIR 890L A2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
scmcint2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 0:26    Post subject: DIR 890L A2 Reply with quote
Does anyone have any luck at getting DDWRT onto a DIR-890L A2? How did you accomplish this, and what is your wireless performance like?
Sponsor
aaronburro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had success earlier in the year doing this. I would suggest looking at the 890 guide thread: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=288225&highlight=890l

I am using Kong's 37015M build as a repeater bridge with guest networks. It is fairly stable, though one laptop seems to have issues with it. Netflix on a PS3 connected through ethernet sometimes issues, but usually restarting the router fixes it. The issues are frequent enough that I'll be trying other builds soon. The general suggestion has been to try Kong's R8000 builds.

I believe there is also a possibility that you will have to downgrade the d-link firmware version in order to get the first flash to work, but I don't remember why I am thinking this was the case
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: