tp-link archer c9 v1 5533 error code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dglt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 22:05    Post subject: tp-link archer c9 v1 5533 error code Reply with quote
its now been a few days of trying to get this working on my own and trying to find info that would explain how to get dd-wrt installed on my archer c9 v1. the current firmware is 3.17.1 Build 20180125 Rel.56387n.

the problem is that regardless of following the wiki or any ideas ive read here on the forum along with many other random discussions i have seen error code 5533 mentioned and the only response has been "you didnt follow the wiki" from what i can find, but no clear way of resolving the issue.

ive tried many of the new/old versions of factory-to-ddwrt along with many other ideas/methods ive come across.

ive also tried using tftp from terminal.

`tftp 192.168.0.1`
`binary`
`put tried-them-all.bin`

also tried atftp method on the wiki as well, ive dont this after hard reset, 30-30-30, flipping switch on/of multiple times, holding reset, and i always have ping runnning in a separate terminal so i know when to start attempting to `put many-attempts.bin`

i also tried doing this setting up a tftp server with the firmware in the root directory (although admittedly i was not able to find info on exactly which port/mask this should of been runnning on but i tried quite a few with no luck). and yes i always set a fixed ip address of 192.168.0.66 and always though lan of course. regardless it always ends with timed out.

no matter what firmware i try whether its named as a recovery tplink firmware or its old firmware that wont block dd-wrt from being installed (thats what you get for keeping firmware up to date i guess) i either end up with:

trying to use old firmware i get:
"Error code: 18001
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the length of the upgraded file is incorrect. Please check the file name."

trying to use new firmware or dd-wrt firmware (openwrt also does not work) i get this:
Error code: -5533
Error occurred, please try again.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: