TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

LeeBee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh OK, bummer. Sounds as if you're not going to have a chance to log into the repeater any time soon.

Yes, I exported a working configuration backup right after all was configured, but thanks for the reminder.

Do you remember if you had to apply any commands or install any startup scripts via Administration/ Commands?

People on these forums have been working with cron jobs via Administration/ Management to achieve scheduled wifi off/on when it's not possible via radio scheduling, but that tab is *completely* missing in this repeater's firmwares, regardless of version as it seems..

I tried running some of these cron jobs (like Turn On-Off Wifi with Atheros and Cron (archer C5/C7)) but do only get errors (something like "cron can't be found" or similar - writing from memory now).

I wonder if it's possible to activate or install Administration/ Management.

PS: has anybody tested the as of 2018-05-22 most recent firmware 2018-05-13 r35927 for the TL-WA901NDv3 on our TL-WA854REv1??
Sponsor
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
LeeBee wrote:
oh OK, bummer. Sounds as if you're not going to have a chance to log into the repeater any time soon.

Yes, I exported a working configuration backup right after all was configured, but thanks for the reminder.

Do you remember if you had to apply any commands or install any startup scripts via Administration/ Commands?

People on these forums have been working with cron jobs via Administration/ Management to achieve scheduled wifi off/on when it's not possible via radio scheduling, but that tab is *completely* missing in this repeater's firmwares, regardless of version as it seems..

I tried running some of these cron jobs (like Turn On-Off Wifi with Atheros and Cron (archer C5/C7)) but do only get errors (something like "cron can't be found" or similar - writing from memory now).

I wonder if it's possible to activate or install Administration/ Management.

PS: has anybody tested the as of 2018-05-22 most recent firmware 2018-05-13 r35927 for the TL-WA901NDv3 on our TL-WA854REv1??

Not sure how and where i did it but i do remember having a section to run scripts and that's where i had some scripts running, i will fly back home soon-ish so can take a look, might also be wrong as i had more equipment running DD-WRT, but from memory seems like i'm not as this repeater was the last i played with.
LeeBee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
great, thank you VSparxx!

In the meantime I can now report S U C C E S S, yee-ha!! In addition to radio scheduling via GUI, I had already imported these scripts in Admin/ Command and activated them via a reboot:

Startup
Code:
0 0 * * * root /tmp/custom.sh wifioff
0 6 * * * root /tmp/custom.sh wifion

and

Custom Script
Code:
#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
  wifioff)
    stopservice wland
    nvram set ath0_net_mode=disabled
    ifconfig ath0 down
    killall hostapd
    ;;

wifion)
    stopservice lan
    nvram set ath0_net_mode=ng-only
    startservice lan
    iwconfig ath0 txpower 12
    ;;

*)
    echo "$0 {wifioff | wifion}"
esac

The 2018-03-05 r35244 FW would only switch ath0 (physical) off at 6am, not the virtual repeater signal.

What did it for me was to apply the currently latest 2018-05-23 r36006 FW, reboot, BOOM, now both physical AND virtual interface off/ back on at respective times.

As per "NTARS!" I'm NOT going to tinker around if with this FW the scripts are necessary or not - I'll just leave it running and working.

Also now the Management Tab is visible under Administration Smile !!!

It all feels and acts complete now. I'll report back in a while if it proves stable.

Feel free to add my findings to your entry post. Would still be interested in your wifi off/on scipts and command.

Have a smooth and safe flight back.
kokotonix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have my router configured in client-ap mode as suggested in the first post.
Everything working flawlessly for months.

But today I have a different need:
All pc connected to the repeater lan are correctly accessing internet as expected.
And they also connect to the pc's connected to main router LAN.

But ... the pc's connected to the main router cannot access the pc's connected to the repeater LAN.

Any suggestion on how to solve this ?
What I would like would be to have every pc''s seeing all the others independently of the router to which they are connected.

Summary of my network:
- Main router dhcp serving in 192.168.0.0

- Tplink extender
As main router client with static ip 192.168.0.5
As AP with ip 192.168.222.1
dhcp serving in 192.168.222.0
Configured as gateway
No dynamic rooting

Thanks
upekshapriya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22    Post subject: Guest network not working on Client Bridge Reply with quote
I'm having a problem getting the Guest Network connect to the Internet on a Client Bridge.

I followed instructions on https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Qualcomm_Atheros to set up the Repeater Bridge and the bridged network works absolutely fine.

I followed the instructions at http://tips.desipro.de/2013/12/06/guest-wifi-setup-dd-wrt/ and using the DNSMasq Method on https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Guest_Network for an unbridged guest network but although the IP address is set there's no through route to the Internet.

I've tried a number of different firmware versions 29837, 31791, 35244, 36154, 36247. I read somewhere on here that the guest network doesn't work on some firmware versions but I'm now wondering if it's just some setting that I have wrong, particularly in DNSMasq

I'd be grateful for any advice to get this working Smile
trmpt4him69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19    Post subject: repeat mode settings Reply with quote
I have successfully upgraded from stock to ddwrt and then to tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin . Now I need to know how to connect it to my wifi at home called TurnerTwc. I'm on my phone and have searched but can't find how to do it. Could someone help with instructions. The old factory software walked me through and selected the wifi and configured it for me. Thanks in advance. Donnie
Plauto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just upgraded to 38937 from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2019/02-23-2019-r38937/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/; it restarted fine and it seems to be working...
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread is for Unofficial Support of a device that was never sent to the developer. There is no write-up on how to recover this device to stock should things go awry, however I will link the OpenWRT wiki for TL-WA850RE and a Google Search Link for future reference. As with all devices not currently supported by DD-WRT, this thread will remain for reference, but at this point shall be locked; there should be no expectation of users for any troubleshooting support for firmware issues since this device is not officially supported. Thank you.

NOTE: To add official support, either a hardware donation or router detection information is required (fullflash dump, boot log, and hardware information).

https://dd-wrt.com/donations/

https://dd-wrt.com/router-detection/

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: