PPTP router to router issues

px03afk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:58    Post subject: PPTP router to router issues Reply with quote
For some years I have been running DD-WRT with bi-directional pptp connections between two Netgear WNR3500L V1 routers. At this moment they are running build 30471 of 24 Aug 2016 and v24-sp2 of 15 Dec 2014.

They are both configured with pptp client and server to each other and this works without any issue at all.

In order to provide some resilience I bought a WNR3500L V2 and have had a lot of trouble finding a build that will actually work. I've tried a number and I happen to be currently using kong build 27520M of 17 July 2015.

Every build I've tried which runs the router at all will establish the pptp connection in both directions OK and the routing table looks the same as on the pair that work but even from the router command line a ping to the other end from either of them just hangs.

Can anyone give me a clue about what could be wrong and how to go about fixing it.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: