TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
zensmooth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
raz0r wrote:
I flashed today 01-02-2019-r38159 on my C9 V1. So far everything works fine.

The only "problem" is this red LED:
{image}

Why is this LED red? Is in DD-WRT a light/ LED management available in order to e.g. fully deactivate the LEDs?[/img]

lol, configure your WAN.

Last edited by zensmooth on Sat Jan 12, 2019 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
leptdre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recent builds are not stable (disconnections etc). Virtual wireless interfaces in the 5GHZ band cannot handle clients (authentication problem in WPA)
zensmooth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
leptdre wrote:
Recent builds are not stable (disconnections etc). Virtual wireless interfaces in the 5GHZ band cannot handle clients (authentication problem in WPA)

1) Your not carefully flashing the router from DD-WRT wiki guide.

2) You've not configured the wireless setting.

3) WPA2 should be your weapon of choice.
raz0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

today I tried to reconfigure my Archer C9 v1 which resulted in a 169.254.73.92 IP adress.
Before making the changes I made nvrambak.

Following the troubleshooting didn´t bring up any result

Follow these steps:

Switch off the router

Download a complete binary-image of firmware
From the official v1-page OR v2-page

Rename the downloaded firmware with the following name: archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin or "archerc9v2_tp_recovery.bin" if you have a v2 router

Serve as TFTP server the renamed firmware on the following IP: 192.168.0.66

Switch on the router, holding the RESET button for 2-4 seconds

The firmware will be automatically downloaded and installed by the router

The problem is that the router is not accessible on 192.168.0.66

How can I successfully reset my C9 V1 to stock settings? Crying or Very sad
SQD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:37    Post subject: issues with USB support Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I own a TPLink Archer C9 V1 and I'm having issues with the USB support. I've attempted connecting 2 drives (one at a time) so far but every time they show in Services > USB but with status '/dev/sda1 not mounted Unsupported file system' and shortly after that they get unmounted and I can't further configure any Samba shares (my main purpose).

I've formatted the drives in EXT2 / EXT3 / FAT / NTFS either (MBR or GPT) also I've attempted to label the drive to 'opt' so that it get automatically mounted (read somewhere on the forum about it - sure sure if it's still valid).

The drive is visible if I run blkid, I can also mount it manually (like mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1) but again it gets umounted shortly after that. No relevant info in dmesg.

Firmware versions used so far: the latest beta version and v3.0-r37305 ( 10/10/18 ).

Any further advice would be very appreciated? Did other owners managed to get USB support working?

Thanks in advance,
SQD
devsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
raz0r wrote:
Hello,

today I tried to reconfigure my Archer C9 v1 which resulted in a 169.254.73.92 IP adress.
Before making the changes I made nvrambak.

Following the troubleshooting didn´t bring up any result

Follow these steps:

Switch off the router

Download a complete binary-image of firmware
From the official v1-page OR v2-page

Rename the downloaded firmware with the following name: archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin or "archerc9v2_tp_recovery.bin" if you have a v2 router

Serve as TFTP server the renamed firmware on the following IP: 192.168.0.66

Switch on the router, holding the RESET button for 2-4 seconds

The firmware will be automatically downloaded and installed by the router

The problem is that the router is not accessible on 192.168.0.66

How can I successfully reset my C9 V1 to stock settings? Crying or Very sad
Make a wired connection to the router.

Assign static IP 192.168.0.66 on your PC.

Start tftp server on your PC with root folder where the image is.
zensmooth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:00    Post subject: Re: issues with USB support Reply with quote
SQD wrote:
Any further advice would be very appreciated? Did other owners managed to get USB support working?

Thanks in advance,
SQD

It's a known issue with the USB support, not just with Archer C9 user base. If USB port is a must, then stock firmware.
raz0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 21:52    Post subject: Re: issues with USB support Reply with quote
zensmooth wrote:
SQD wrote:

Thanks in advance,
SQD

It's a known issue with the USB support, not just with Archer C9 user base. If USB port is a must, then stock firmware.

Do also other alternative firmwares like OpenWRT or Tomato have the problem with USB? Are any DD-WRT powered routers known where USB is functional?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 22:56    Post subject: Re: issues with USB support Reply with quote
raz0r wrote:
Are any DD-WRT powered routers known where USB is functional?

Mine all work. Only time I ever had trouble was around the time of crappy build 37305.
That was about the time Raid Storage Manager appeared in Services>NAS.
It was fixed by 37442 on my routers.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
zensmooth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 20:18    Post subject: Archer C9 USB Reply with quote
raz0r wrote:
Do also other alternative firmwares like OpenWRT or Tomato have the problem with USB? Are any DD-WRT powered routers known where USB is functional?

You need to check those respected website for their supported devices. It won't take you no more than 2 minutes to check these things out.

However, from what I can remember. It was either not supported or yes, but no Wi-Fi.

Conclusion: Back to Stock firmware, wait for a fix, or invest in an Adapter.
boris03
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
What do you mean with buy an adapter?
What adapter USB or LAN, or what?
Would this help to use a USB3 Hard drive on the C9 USB3 port?

I am new in DD-WRT but I thougth it isn´t possible to go back to original TP-Link firmware when once on DD-WRT.
Or is there any new finding what allows to go back to TP-Link firmware?

Thanks
boris03
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anybody else please answer my questions?
What adapter do I need for using a usb3 harddisk on the c9 with ddwrt?
And can I go back to Tplink firmware when having problems on ddwrt?
Thanks
raz0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
MolaMola wrote:
I bought this router (hardware version 1) for its VLAN support. It still took me many hours though to figure out how to enable support for the VLAN ID used by the local ftth provider. For those who are trying to figure out the same, this is how I did it.

The fiber provider here uses a PPPoE connection with VLAN ID 10. Your VLAN ID and connection type might be different. Check with your provider.

VLAN tagging WAN

(1) Do not use the "VLAN Tagging" section of the "Networking" tab. Instead set the VLAN number of the WAN port under the "VLANs" tab and check the "Tagged" checkbox under the WAN port. The end result is two checked boxes in the WAN column: the correct VLAN and the "Tagged" box. Ignore all other columns and settings on this page. Hit "save" and "apply settings".

(2) Under the "Networking" tab, make sure that the "WAN Port Assignment" is correct. In my case it's "vlan10".

Source: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914740&sid=c7fdee3ce051ed7f22202a928d3a08ae#914740

VLAN on PPPoE connection

In case you also need to set PPPoE the C9 does not apply VLAN tagging of the WAN correctly. This is the case with DD-WRT build 35244 and I'm not sure if this situation will ever change. I fixed this with the following commands in SSH:

Code:
nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=vlan10
nvram commit

Again, make sure you use your provider's actual VLAN ID here.

Source: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914899&sid=c7fdee3ce051ed7f22202a928d3a08ae#914899

Internet access is rock solid now. Much much better than with the standard ISP router which has been demoted to access point elsewhere in the house.

Do you know how to define an own VLAN ID bigger than VLAN ID 15 in "VLAN" tab (in my case VLAN ID: 362)?
zensmooth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
boris03 wrote:
What do you mean with buy an adapter?
What adapter USB or LAN, or what?
Would this help to use a USB3 Hard drive on the C9 USB3 port?

I am new in DD-WRT but I thougth it isn´t possible to go back to original TP-Link firmware when once on DD-WRT.
Or is there any new finding what allows to go back to TP-Link firmware?

Thanks

Unless you use a "quote" or at least use a name, we won't know who your talking to.

The adapter I mention is available in Asia markets, basically a small modded Raspberry Pi running a file server (USB over to Ethernet).

For your other questions, just follow the DD-WRT Wiki guide on your specific revision and your be back to stock firmware.
devsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are the typical speeds people getting from C9 V1 and V3 in Wifi AC mode?

I get around 400Mbps doing a large transfer on LAN with a wired 1Gbps host, sitting right next to the router. I was hoping for more.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 67 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: