Joined: 23 Dec 2018
|Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 20:25 Post subject: Feasibility check: things I'd like to use WRT for
and thanks for working on DD-WRT.
I´d like to experiment with wireless networks, possibly using some of the domestic routers I already own (netgears, Linksys, TPlink).
Specifically here something I'd like to do, would you mind have a look, and tell me if is possible or not (and if you have any pointers to useful material, even better).
1) Setup a captive portal (I read about NoCatSplash, is that a good lead?)
2) Setup a remote logging, as in, having all the logs, dump on a remote host (either via http or other options)
3) Have a remote whitelist of Mac Addresses. When a device tries to connect, look up a remote resource (or a http rest api) to see if that mac address is whitelisted.
4) Log low layers informations:
4a) CSI measurements for multiple WiFi frequency bands
5) Have some computational heavy algorithm running on the router cpu (ie the angle of arrival (AoA))
Joined: 29 Aug 2011
|Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 20:04 Post subject: Re: Feasibility check: things I'd like to use WRT for
|1. standard feature, 2. standard feature, 3. ordinary business wifi, 4. requires a separate radio not used for connecting, 5. Need an ARM based model with a fan added when it is new (a used pre-cooked router won't help).
Some of that sounds more like a raspberry pi project, for which there would be a larger variety of software/tools available.
WNR3500Lv2 DD-WRT 33525 K3 Giga
3 R6300.1 mips DD-WRT 42617 Giga
E3000 5ghz multicast AP Toastman 2017 RT
E2000 5ghz multicast AP DD-WRT 33525 K2.6
WRT54GSv2 long range AP HyperWRT 15
R6250 (retired--too hot)
Archer C7v2 AP DD-WRT 35831
DIR-835 Gargoyle 1.11 2019
3 WR841Nv9 AP DD-WRT 33006