DIR-868L-revA always softbrick after r35244

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
voltron76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19    Post subject: DIR-868L-revA always softbrick after r35244 Reply with quote
Hello to everyone and happy new year.
I've used DD-WRT on my DLink DIR-868L rev.A for a long time and works fine for my use. But recently i was unable to update to the latest version of dd-wrt. I was changing my network and reset the firmware to the defaults value; then i've upgraded to the latest build r38155 and the router became unusable: all the lights was correct, but webgui interface, telnet, pinging etc. are not working with "Connection timed out"; i can only go to recovery mode and flash stock firmware that works fine. After many many tests, i found out that until r35244 the dd-wrt works fine; after that version the router freezes and i must reflash the stock firmware. The really strange thing is that before starting this issue, the router was going on r38132 without problems! After upgrading to r38155, i can use only versions until r35244; i've tried starting from different versions of stock firmware, tried the quarkysg mod builds and followed the installation instruction of the wiki without success. I've searched the entire forum but nothing works for me. Has anyone encountered the same problem or can help me to solve this problem? Thanks to all.
Sponsor
voltron76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I write to confirm that all new dd-wrt firmwares for D-Link DIR-868L rev.A after ver.r35244 will result in softbrick! I've tried to upgrade two routers with the same result. The only solution is to go into recovery mode, flash the stock firmware and after re-flash dd-wrt with a version up to r35244... so BE CAREFUL! At this time, no chance to have a working update for this model.
bent
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am using Kong 37900M on my 868L rev A and it is working fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: