Netgear R6250 Switch ports all dead with no changes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
polarslyfox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:46    Post subject: Netgear R6250 Switch ports all dead with no changes Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

I've got an R6250 running DD-WRT and have been running them together for well over a year with no issues.

Setup:
ISP -> ISP Router(everything disabled just passes through internet) -> R6250 -> Switch -> PC

Yesterday when getting home from work the internet connection appeared to be down, I could access the DD-WRT GUI via WiFi so thought it was the ISP router and restarted that with no success.

I then started a LAN connected server which although configured with a static IP could not ping the router or get to the GUI.
I did a similar test with a PS4 as well trying to connect via LAN and it failed to setup a network connection but could connect via Wifi but with no internet.

I did a search for any issues and found these topics:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=782269
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=277707

My VLANS were in the default settings of VLAN 1 = Ports 1,2,3,4 VLAN2 = W as stated in the first topic and both VLANS were bridged to LAN.
Whilst changing the VLAN1 ports to another VLAN and then back again (with applies between) the PC was able to access the router and ping for a short space of time before eventually going dead again.

Based on the second topic I decided to re-flash the OEM firmware.
Everything works perfectly fine with the Netgear firmware, internet is back working via wifi and lan ports all work again (tested via PS4).
I then attempted to flash DD-WRT back onto the router this time using a Kong build as I've never used one and wondered if it may be an issue in the version I had. (This version: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/)
I completed a number of hard resets before flashing and during troubleshooting the original setup both via the 30-30-30 method and via the GUI based on what I'd read about ARM based routers.

Unfortunately as soon as DD-WRT was on the router and the WAN setup to connect to the ISP modem it still did not work as before.

Everything was configured and left as is for months now with the only change I've made recently being a scheduled daily restart of the router (OVPN client connection kept dropping).

Has any one seen/experienced this before or have any idea why it would suddenly stop working?
Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Polar
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
For VLAN in a Broadcom unit, please post in the Broadcom Forum.
polarslyfox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 17:11    Post subject: broadcom Reply with quote
Apologies, everything I've read made me think this was ARM based system.
Will repost on Broadcom so this can be closed.

Thanks
Polar
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: