"internet may be not avaiable" on android devices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
tcx32fr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 18:38    Post subject: "internet may be not avaiable" on android devices Reply with quote
Hello

I have been using dd wrt linksys 3200 acm for the 2,5 last months with private internet access vpn setting in the apartment we were temporally using.
We just switched of apartment with a new internet provider. I did connect the linksys router to the new ISP modem, got internet with no problem.
I did connect PC on wired RJ45 and IOS iPhone over Wi-Fi and got internet connectivity without any issue.
Nevertheless no Android devices would connect to internet: got for all of them the message after hooking to the linksys Wi-Fi ssid: "internet may be not available" and indeed it is not avail.
Any idea ? Why everything accessing properly internet through the VPN, except android devices ?

Thanks
Sponsor
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering what release do you have on your router? I just upgraded to r37961 and VPN, specifically my OpenVPN, went down the toilet and isn't usable.
OpenVPN server
tcx32fr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
(Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std) and working fine so far
NBA Jam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had a similar issue with Android devices in builds before Dec. 8 2018. My Galaxy S7 would randomly get a message saying "Ready to connect when network quality improves," even though it shows 5 bars. It would also occur when I was directly using it. On the phone, turning off wifi and turning it back on will fix it. I haven't noticed this on Dec. 8 2018+ builds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: