New Build - browser access problem

webrat11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 14:16    Post subject: New Build - browser access problem Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have successfully installed the latest beta public image x64 DD-WRT on to a HP x360 laptop and accessed the device via the console and the browser interface.
The internal network adaptor is Realtek 8169 and the second nic is an usb attached Realtek adapter that is also recognised.
I have successfully managed to modify the config via the GUI multiple times and also rebooted many times. The problem is that suddenly I lose access to the device via the GUI. The device (eth0) is attached to the network via a switch. I have also attached to another PC but still cannot get the GUI access back. I haven’t connected to the WAN as yet, I am trying to get my DHCP and port forwarding set up first.
I have re-flashed the image but that makes no difference, initially all is working then at some point I lose GUI access.

The output on the console is
cat: can’t open ‘/proc/net/ip_conntrack_flush’: No such file or directory
Ifconfig: SICSIFTXQLEN: no such device
r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: link down
r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: link down
device eth0 left promiscuous mode
eth0: No such process
r8169 0000:04:00.0 eth0: link up

Any suggestions would be appreicated.
Thanks,
Ian
Sponsor
webrat11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also get this message;

Spectre V2 : System may be vunerable to spectre v2
shortcut_fe: loading module not compiled with reptoline compiler.
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like a bad Ethernet cable or there is a short in it. The Ethernet down is like disconnecting the cable and reconnecting it. Or the USB port on the laptop is powering down because of the BIOS settings for power management,

The flaw for the CPU attack that can expose passwords spectre v2 was not patched into the DD-wrt because it slows everything down. It was a major performance hit with it applied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: