New <Kong> Test Build 37845 11-25-2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
shauno100 wrote:
Unfortunately this did not work. When i checked at 8:10AM this morning the WiFi was off on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I could not connect to my OpenVPN server from my mobile phone. I then switched on my PC (connected via ethernet) and my IP was a 169.** IP address, completely different to the IP subnet i'm using. Could not access the DD-WRT config page consequently.

I had to switch off the modem and turn back on. Once again everything is now fine until it reoccurs tomorrow. Either the Radio scheduler is causing the issue or there may be some sort of bug? causing the router to become inaccessible after a period of time.

Anyone else having this issue? I think i will revert to an earlier Kong release and see how it goes.

Try this startup....

Code:
# --StartUp Script for Restarting WiFi on Build 37845M---
# Use Cron to reset Radios 2min after 8am everyday
# 2 8 * * * root /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
# Create Script Below in folder /tmp/cron_jobs
#
stopservice cron
mkdir /tmp/cron_jobs
echo -e "#!/bin/sh" > /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "# ---Restart Radios---" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "stopservice nas" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "stopservice wlconf" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "wlconf eth1 up" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "wlconf eth2 up" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "startservice nas" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
echo "exit 0" >> /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
chmod 755 /tmp/cron_jobs/restart-wifi.sh
startservice cron

Use the same Con Job and reboot and test. And if doesn't work, I have one more up my sleeve.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2

Last edited by mac913 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 16:57; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Netgear R6400v2, board_id: U12H332T30_NETGEAR

Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r37845M kongac (11/25/2018)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.164 #614 SMP Sun Nov 25 22:32:22 CET 2018 armv7l

Upgraded: from DD-WRT v3.0-r37715M kongac (11/14/2018) via ddup --flash-latest
Reset: No not this time

Status: Up and running for 48 hours, basic setup as AP, static leases, OpenVPN client (on PIA) with Policy Based Routing up and running, 2,4GHz, 5Ghz USB storage NAS and miniDLNA working.
VAP not working
OpenVPN server working
GUI is responsive and quick.

Errors: Yes
1. OpenVPN with Policy Based Routing does not forward HTTP(s) traffic to the PBR clients with SFE on see: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5900
2. Possible DNS leak see: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6020
3. VAP is erratical, I had unbridged eth2 and then created a bridged VAP on eth1, I can not connect to the VAP. After running @Quarkysg's solution (https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317181 ) VAP was working (I did not try anything else and did not reset, so this is probably not conclusive)

There is a solution, to the PBR not working with SFE, @Quarkysg has made a patch for the shortcut-fe module (see: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5986#comment:17 ).
He also compiled a shortcut-fe.ko module for testing (Arm/Broadcom , Linux 4.4) see: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1107870#1107870 , I am running that patched shortcut-fe.ko module right now and it is working with PBR.

P.S. Kong, please update the supported models file in your directory with the R6400v2 and R6700v3

Big Thanks to Kong and BrainSlayer!!

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
shauno100 wrote:
Unfortunately this did not work. When i checked at 8:10AM this morning the WiFi was off on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I could not connect to my OpenVPN server from my mobile phone. I then switched on my PC (connected via ethernet) and my IP was a 169.** IP address, completely different to the IP subnet i'm using. Could not access the DD-WRT config page consequently.

I had to switch off the modem and turn back on. Once again everything is now fine until it reoccurs tomorrow. Either the Radio scheduler is causing the issue or there may be some sort of bug? causing the router to become inaccessible after a period of time.

Anyone else having this issue? I think i will revert to an earlier Kong release and see how it goes.

Try this startup....

Code:
#
stopservice cron
mkdir /tmp/cron_jobs
startservice cron

Use the same Con Job and reboot and test. And if doesn't work, I have one more up my sleeve.

Thanks, was there meant to be a "startservice wlconf" in there also?
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
shauno100 wrote:
mac913 wrote:
shauno100 wrote:

Try this startup....

Code:
#
stopservice cron
mkdir /tmp/cron_jobs
startservice cron

No. I changed it and tested on my Routers.

Off Site 1

Off Site 2

shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
shauno100 wrote:
mac913 wrote:
shauno100 wrote:

Try this startup....

Code:
#
stopservice cron
mkdir /tmp/cron_jobs
startservice cron

No. I changed it and tested on my Routers.

Unfortunately didn't work either. The router is basically crashing so i don't think it even runs the script yet alone the cron job. DHCP stops working, Wifi Stops working, ethernet is not working. Once i power off and back on everything is then fine again until this happens again tonight.

I have attempted to capture the full Syslog which might show exactly whats happening when the crash occurs but there's no easy way to do it.

Basically at the moment i have a cron job copying /var/log/messages to jffs/log/messages every 5 minutes, when the crash occurs though and i power off and back on the copy of the log in JFFS gets overwritten again as its overwritten by new Syslog generated in /var/log/messages . Any other ideas as to how i could capture the full log and retain it between reboots? I feel this is the only way i might be able to see what is causing the crashes and then i can report this to Kong and Brainslayer.
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
shauno100 wrote:
Unfortunately didn't work either. The router is basically crashing so i don't think it even runs the script yet alone the cron job. DHCP stops working, Wifi Stops working, ethernet is not working. Once i power off and back on everything is then fine again until this happens again tonight.

I have attempted to capture the full Syslog which might show exactly whats happening when the crash occurs but there's no easy way to do it.

Basically at the moment i have a cron job copying /var/log/messages to jffs/log/messages every 5 minutes, when the crash occurs though and i power off and back on the copy of the log in JFFS gets overwritten again as its overwritten by new Syslog generated in /var/log/messages . Any other ideas as to how i could capture the full log and retain it between reboots? I feel this is the only way i might be able to see what is causing the crashes and then i can report this to Kong and Brainslayer.

It's the 1st of heard about your R7000P crashing, when did that start? I doubt log messages will capture a crash information. For capturing a crash dump you need a serial cable connected to your router and a capture device (laptop/PC) with a terminal program to capture the data from your router since the serial port on the router reports everything. Myself I have never hooked up a serial cable so I'm not 100% sure. I couple of things can cause crashes; Bad Power Supply, Running low on memory or nvram space, corrupt nvram data. If radio scheduling is very important to you it would best go back to a working build.

Off Site 1

Off Site 2

shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
shauno100 wrote:

It's the 1st of heard about your R7000P crashing, when did that start? I doubt log messages will capture a crash information. For capturing a crash dump you need a serial cable connected to your router and a capture device (laptop/PC) with a terminal program to capture the data from your router since the serial port on the router reports everything. Myself I have never hooked up a serial cable so I'm not 100% sure. I couple of things can cause crashes; Bad Power Supply, Running low on memory or nvram space, corrupt nvram data. If radio scheduling is very important to you it would best go back to a working build.

It's been happening ever since i first loaded DD-WRT on it. I purchased this router only a couple of weeks ago. I've flashed mainly Kong's builds and the issue has occurred on all of them. I tried one of Brainslayers most recent builds (r37860) but the 2.4Ghz radio was missing, i could only see one HW MAC address listed for the 5Ghz radio so didn't bother any further. Stock firmware worked fine, days on end without any problems. Out of curiosity do you use the radio time restrictions on your R7000P?

I do have a TTL serial adaptor and i actually had to use it on R7000P when i did an nvram erase from the DD WRT GUI, the router got stuck in a boot loop so serial access and starting the TFTP server to re-flash the firmware was the only way i got it back working.

I am going to turn off radio scheduling all together and will leave it for a day or two. If the issue doesn't occur again then the radio scheduler would have to be causing the issue.

In saying that when I was watching a movie from my Nvidia Shield connected directly to the router via ethernet the movie stopped suddenly and i lost all network connectivity so the crash had happened at that point in time. The radio schedule hadn't even been turned on either.

Last edited by shauno100 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:03; edited 1 time in total
shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Memory and NVRAM have always been fine.

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.58 KB
 Viewed:  3001 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Happy Holliday to all, R7000 is router top of a line right now, but it has minor issues on wifi chipset if your router already was installed ddwrt then you can flash r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin to get full feater and improver wifi.
code:
dd if=/tmp/mnt/sda1/r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin of=/dev/mtdblock0

warning: do know how to flash and upgrade cfe otherwise stay away from it.

pros: no more issues on wifi, enjoin test all ddwrt fw or any tomato...xvortex.
cons: from installed ddwrt ready, do know how to flash.

note:
*cfe from xvortex.
*nvram vars from most collection routers.
*30 minutes assembly and put all together.
Happy and enjoin the best router in Holliday season. and do not forget thanks to Kong made all thing possible.

r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  r7000_cfe_upgrade.bin.zip
 Filesize:  114.52 KB
 Downloaded:  176 Time(s)

deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here another gift for who’s unable to get an effort a second router for MEISH or repeater, an "Kong's wireless antenna" able cover dead wifi signal spot up to 100% data transmit. Also you or any kids around 10 years old do able DIY with all material made and available come from kitchen rom.

How to DYI an "Kong's wireless antenna" :
Step 1: find a piece of paper(0.5mm) with size about 18 in x 18 in, 2 pieces of aluminium foils 17 in long, some 3m tape.
Step 2 : stick each piece of aluminum foils 17 in on both size of a pice of paper 18 in with 3M tape.
Step 3: bend your an "Kong's wireless antenna" little into parapol shape focus to your receivered devices. Used a multimeter to measure capacitor with around 0.3.to 0..4 nano Faraday or 300 to 400 pico faraday.

pros: all material com from kitchen room, DIY, few cents and reliable.
cons: take up 30 minus and your skill.

How it works: base on "Kong's wireless antenna" acts like a Capacitor is a passive electronic component or device capable of storing charge come from electric waves wifi with a certain voltage level across two “aluminum foils” conducting plates on its surfaces, separated by an insulating “paper” material or dielectric substance.

When a wave of electrons wifi hit 1st side of aluminum metal foil, it creates polarize dielectric substance with - and + fill with mirror “electric waves wifi - charge” and “electric waves wifi + charge” and so on 2nd side of aluminum metal foil; when free electrons reach max space of aluminum metal foil and return bound back to create max double mirror current “electric waves wifi -charge” just like ocean wave hit a rock reef. Simple and plaint due larger surface of antenna space.

One more time, happy holidays and Most Highest bless you and your family in all season, cheers!!!!

note: you can also silver argentine to increase electric conduct and ion silver acts as deactivate flu virus function but cost you little fortune.

Kong's wireless_antenna.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.63 KB
 Viewed:  2932 Time(s)

Kong's wireless_antenna.jpg

Last edited by deslatha on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:48; edited 2 times in total
shauno100
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
Here another gift for who’s unable to get an effort a second router for MEISH or repeater, an ARCA antenna able cover dead wifi signal spot up to 100% data transmit. Also you or any kids around 10 years old do able DIY with all material made and available come from kitchen rom.

How to DYI an ARCA antenna :
Step 1: find a piece of paper(0.5mm) with size about 18 in x 18 in, 2 pieces of aluminium foils 17 in long, some 3m tape.
Step 2 : stick each piece of aluminum foils 17 in on both size of a pice of paper 18 in with 3M tape.
Step 3: bend your an ARCA antenna little into parapol shape focus to your receivered devices. Used a multimeter to measure capacitor with around 0.3.to 0..4 nano Faraday or 300 to 400 pico faraday.

pros: all material com from kitchen room, DIY, few cents and reliable.
cons: take up 30 minus and your skill.

How it works: base on ARCA antenna acts like a Capacitor is a passive electronic component or device capable of storing charge come from electric waves wifi with a certain voltage level across two “aluminum foils” conducting plates on its surfaces, separated by an insulating “paper” material or dielectric substance.

When a wave of electrons wifi hit 1st side of aluminum metal foil, it creates polarize dielectric substance with - and + fill with mirror “electric waves wifi - charge” and “electric waves wifi + charge” and so on 2nd side of aluminum metal foil; when free electrons reach max space of aluminum metal foil and return bound back to create max double mirror current “electric waves wifi -charge” just like ocean wave hit a rock reef. Simple and plaint due larger surface of antenna space.

One more time, happy holidays and Most Highest bless you and your family in all season, cheers!!!!

note: you can also silver argentine to increase electric conduct and ion silver acts as deactivate flu virus function but cost you little fortune.

Hi mate, what has this got to do with what we are discussing here? (i.e. Kong's R37845M release)
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Of course, they have some things got to do with what we are discussing here? (i.e. Kong's R37845M release). router turn in to the best, in this case, Netgear R7000 is now able itself archives its claims AC1900 mbs, in another word, cfe_upgrade (and nvram) + Kong's Fw=R7000 is the best router of the 2018 year. there may be in the wrong thread but absolutely right purpose.

If you think it is completely 100% wrongful its purpose then you can delete all my post. just want to share and help people had a smooth way and non-disruption www connectional wireless but no other meanings.

ARCA=Kong's antenna turns into "wireless antenna" in my respectfully to Kong attribute to ddwrt fw.

Hope you can understanding.
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
shauno100 wrote:

It's been happening ever since i first loaded DD-WRT on it. I purchased this router only a couple of weeks ago. I've flashed mainly Kong's builds and the issue has occurred on all of them. I tried one of Brainslayers most recent builds (r37860) but the 2.4Ghz radio was missing, i could only see one HW MAC address listed for the 5Ghz radio so didn't bother any further. Stock firmware worked fine, days on end without any problems. Out of curiosity do you use the radio time restrictions on your R7000P?

I do have a TTL serial adaptor and i actually had to use it on R7000P when i did an nvram erase from the DD WRT GUI, the router got stuck in a boot loop so serial access and starting the TFTP server to re-flash the firmware was the only way i got it back working.

I am going to turn off radio scheduling all together and will leave it for a day or two. If the issue doesn't occur again then the radio scheduler would have to be causing the issue.

In saying that when I was watching a movie from my Nvidia Shield connected directly to the router via ethernet the movie stopped suddenly and i lost all network connectivity so the crash had happened at that point in time. The radio schedule hadn't even been turned on either.

Ok you are not alone. I just received my new R7000P from Amazon few hours back and flashed from stock to this build directly.

Wifi was working fine after reset and i did all my settings as an AP with DDNS, ftp, Samba, basic config. Clicked apply and both wifi radios don’t broadcast anymore, power cycled router and still no wifi. Ethernet is fine though so i disabled both radios and enabled them again, wifi worked until i did some random change in GUI settings and applied. Wifi doesnt broadcast anymore. Did a power cycle, same behavior.

I immediately flashed back to the build i have been using for months on my R6300v2 ( different file required to flash for sure), that is Kong’s build 35550, reset settings and power cycled router, wifi is fine now though the 5ghz radio LED is not on but radio is fine.

@Kong please check whats wrong with the R7000P!

Thanks,
BR07H3R
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
Of course, they have some things got to do with what we are discussing here? (i.e. Kong's R37845M release). router turn in to the best, in this case, Netgear R7000 is now able itself archives its claims AC1900 mbs, in another word, cfe_upgrade (and nvram) + Kong's Fw=R7000 is the best router of the 2018 year. there may be in the wrong thread but absolutely right purpose.

If you think it is completely 100% wrongful its purpose then you can delete all my post. just want to share and help people had a smooth way and non-disruption www connectional wireless but no other meanings.

ARCA=Kong's antenna turns into "wireless antenna" in my respectfully to Kong attribute to ddwrt fw.

Hope you can understanding.

Thank you! It is very kind to wish everyone the best. I hope the same for you. Don't worry I don't see how anyone could delete your post of kindness.
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
shauno100 wrote:

I would reset to defaults and configure by hand. Start with a simpler configuration and test it and if it's stable start enabling one needed feature at a time to see what causes/starts the crashing. I read the R7000P (P=plus) is more related to a R8000 too.

Kong's 37845M with some work-arounds on my setup has given me a stable setup with my two great working P7000s. Kong knows that all radios are not the same and the code needs to be re-writen which will be a great for all Broadcom ARM based Routers going forward.

Off Site 1

Off Site 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: