Authentication failure on later builds for VAPs

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
pix5650
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
diogosena wrote:
ac68u using latest kong version, 5ghz vap still not working, 2.4ghz works without any workaround

Update for my Buffalo WZR-1750DHP on r37845M kongac (11/25/18):
- bridged VAP working on 2.4 GHz (wl1.1, wl 1.2) without workaround
- bridged VAP working on 5 GHz (wl0.1) without workaround
- bridged VAP get lost until reboot after changes to wireless setup through WebGUI

Buffalo WZR-1750 - v3.0-r38100M kongac (12/27/18) - Router
Linksys WRT320 -> E2000 - v3.0-r33772 K30 mega (11/16/17) - Client Bridge

Others:
Buffalo WZR-1750, GL.iNet 6416, GL.iNet AR150, TP-Link TL-WR703N,
Linksys WRT610Nv2 -> E3000, Linksys E3000, Linksys E2000, Linksys WRT54GL
Sponsor
grc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
pix5650 wrote:

- bridged VAP get lost until reboot after changes to wireless setup through WebGUI

same here on r6300v2
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
grc wrote:
pix5650 wrote:

same here on r6300v2

Try to following commands after applying changes in GUI:

Quote:
stopservice nas
stopservice wlconf
startservice wlconf
startservice nas

If the above makes the VAP working again, then the devs should probably look into restarting the wireless interfaces everytime settings changes and gets applied in the GUI.

In any case, I don't see any source code commits that could have changed anything. Unless Kong changed his codes without committing it back into the SVN repo, I'm at a loss to explain how it suddenly worked with his latest builds.

Of course my supposed 'fixes' may be purely coincidental, and the only real fix are due to those commands above.
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quarkysg wrote:

Quote:
stopservice nas
stopservice wlconf
startservice wlconf
startservice nas

If the above makes the VAP working again, then the devs should probably look into restarting the wireless interfaces everytime settings changes and gets applied in the GUI.

In any case, I don't see any source code commits that could have changed anything. Unless Kong changed his codes without committing it back into the SVN repo, I'm at a loss to explain how it suddenly worked with his latest builds.

Of course my supposed 'fixes' may be purely coincidental, and the only real fix are due to those commands above.

I had updated my post at the build thread earlier.
The lines work and reboot is not require.

In my case the 5GHz VAP does not accept any clients. However, when I restart eth1, all is okay.

I have added the lines from your earlier wlconf patch (which is basically stopping and restarting nas and wlconf) in startup script and it works beyond reboots.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, AFAIK, any networking-related settings for the most part, when "apply" is clicked, it restarts all the networking services. Unless somehow that got broke for the VIF/VAP functions.
Pandora-Box
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
HURAAAAAY!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I can confirm: My bridged VAPS, both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz are working again, on Netgear R7000 with this Kong's test build v3.0-r37845M.
I have not tried un-bridged settings (neither any other tests).
However, I have to agree with quarkysg (https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317181&start=45), on this:
"I don't see any source code commits that could have changed anything. Unless Kong changed his codes without committing it back into the SVN repo, I'm at a loss to explain how it suddenly worked with his latest builds."
Unless there was a process (something) interfering (conflicting) with WPA supplicant.
P-B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
grc wrote:
for me bridged VAP works again on latest Kong build.

It's still broken on my setup with 5 SSIDs. Build 3845M still has in effect quarkysg's work-around to keep my client's connected.

quarkysg wrote:
grc wrote:
pix5650 wrote:

same here on r6300v2

Quote:
stopservice nas
stopservice wlconf
startservice wlconf
startservice nas

Thanks quarksq for looking at Kong's Build 37845M and I did some digging around and found in my configuration, code on restarting the Radios...
Code:
startservice radio_off_0 -f
startservice radio_off_1 -f
startservice radio_on_0 -f
startservice radio_on_1 -f

This code worked with Build 36070M has been broken since changeset 36366 with Bridged VAPs. Removing the code and using your quoted code has worked with Build 37845M when Radio Restart is required.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
mac913 wrote:
grc wrote:
for me bridged VAP works again on latest Kong build.

It's still broken on my setup with 5 SSIDs. Build 3845M still has in effect quarkysg's work-around to keep my client's connected.

quarkysg wrote:
grc wrote:
pix5650 wrote:

same here on r6300v2

Quote:
stopservice nas
stopservice wlconf
startservice wlconf
startservice nas

Thanks quarksq for looking at Kong's Build 37845M and I did some digging around and found in my configuration, code on restarting the Radios...
Code:
startservice radio_off_0 -f
startservice radio_off_1 -f
startservice radio_on_0 -f
startservice radio_on_1 -f

This code worked with Build 36070M has been broken since changeset 36366 with Bridged VAPs. Removing the code and using your quoted code has worked with Build 37845M when Radio Restart is required.

Using these commands together is bullshit anyways, if you want to turn off both radios use

startservice radio_off -f
startservice radio_on -f

any radio_off/radio_on no matter if you just turn only one radio off, will stop start wlconf/nas for all interfaces, and since we are multithreaded, this can conflict.

There are no commits right now, because I just rolled back my drivers since BS is playing with newer driver code for upcoming units.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Using these commands together is bullshit anyways, if you want to turn off both radios use

startservice radio_on -f

any radio_off/radio_on no matter if you just turn only one radio off, will stop start wlconf/nas for all interfaces, and since we are multithreaded, this can conflict.

There are no commits right now, because I just rolled back my drivers since BS is playing with newer driver code for upcoming units.

I was using those commands when I was on Build 36070M and they ran great.

Thanks for the update on controlling both radios to avoid conflict and I try them out.

Your Builds have been the Life Line to my R7000s, Thanks for your Great Work!!

Off Site 1

Off Site 2

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

startservice radio_on -f

Thanks for the update on controlling both radios to avoid conflict and I try them out.

The code for radio on off with broadcom units needs to be reworked it was not designed for more than one radio. You can turn on/off radios without interfering with the other radio. If you just want to turn off radio 0 than nas for 1 is also stopped and you will have a little cut off. On units that use hostap this is not the case.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
mac913 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

startservice radio_on -f

The code for radio on off with broadcom units needs to be reworked it was not designed for more than one radio. You can turn on/off radios without interfering with the other radio. If you just want to turn off radio 0 than nas for 1 is also stopped and you will have a little cut off. On units that use hostap this is not the case.

Hello Kong, I tested these new commands to turn both radios on and off (restart radios), VAPs would not let devices connect. What I observed looking at the GUI's Wireless Status page is that the device would connect with both the TX & RX Rate as N/A and after 10 seconds it would drop and repeat the cycle without ever making a connection, this was only on my 3 VAPs. WL0 and WL1 let devices connect.

Using these commands to restart radios (credit to quarkysg) with build 37845M would not break VAPs (all 5 SSIDs would let devices connect)...

UpDate: added to stop/start cron so that cron doesn't start service that has stopped.

Code:
stopservice cron
stopservice nas
stopservice wlconf
wlconf eth1 up
wlconf eth2 up
startservice nas
startservice cron

Off Site 1

Off Site 2

Last edited by mac913 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 18:13; edited 2 times in total
@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

startservice radio_on -f

Fail to understand what's going on !!

This is a landmark version with minor bugs.
Stopping NAS and wlconf and restarting them post reboot is giving me almost no issues (I am not using Quarky's patched wlconf file anyore - which WAS a lifesaver for past versions). Up and running for >72 hours now, with multiple manual reboots

Why stop when we are 99.9% there?
I would suggest that we have ONE quickfix version that works with WAP (maybe a couple of stop-start lines extra).
Let the community work with it while BS comes up with his newer code (which will take some time - but be
the final 'official' solution).

dd-wrt is the best there is. Kong & BS (and I do need to mention QSQ) have the thanks of the community.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
@m0eb@ wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

startservice radio_on -f

Stopping NAS and wlconf and restarting them post reboot is giving me almost no issues (I am not using Quarky's patched wlconf file anyore - which WAS a lifesaver for past versions). Up and running for >72 hours now, with multiple manual reboots

I would suggest that we have ONE quickfix version that works with WAP (maybe a couple of stop-start lines extra).
Let the community work with it while BS comes up with his newer code (which will take some time - but be

dd-wrt is the best there is. Kong & BS (and I do need to mention QSQ) have the thanks of the community.

Unfortunately just playing with wlconf nas etc. won't work for all units in the same way, since the radios are not the same. And it also completely different if you use them in bridged non-bridged 2 vaps 4 vaps etc.

The only solution is to rework the code so it handles every interface independently.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
@m0eb@ wrote:

Great it's working for your configuration. But if you look at my signature below I have a many services running and most services using custom scripts. Because of this I reset the Radios after my service are up and all wireless clients connect correctly. Currently with 37845M I'm using the code I posted without using quarkysg's wlconf files since Kong has the older wireless drivers in this build and working fine.

There are others that use the wireless scheduler to Enable and Disable the radios at different times that are having trouble. To name a few.

Kong is doing an Awesome Job of giving us the latest updates that work too!! When choosing a Router I look at what Kong Supports before I buy anything. Quarkysg is also a Big Asset here too and there many more that make this Community so Great!

Off Site 1

Off Site 2

@m0eb@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Unfortunately just playing with wlconf nas etc. won't work for all units in the same way, since the radios are not the same. And it also completely different if you use them in bridged non-bridged 2 vaps 4 vaps etc.

The only solution is to rework the code so it handles every interface independently.

I get it. The solution needs to be universal or it's never a solution.

Thanks Kong. Really appreciate the work that you all do ... awesome.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: