Observation: logreject in iptables only rejects tcp

SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 17:28    Post subject: Observation: logreject in iptables only rejects tcp Reply with quote
I use iptables commands to get network isolation between subnets, and it turns out that using either a logreject target or logdrop target will create a WEBDROP system-log entry, but only logdrop will actually stop a ping across subnet IP-space boundaries. Looking at the logreject and logdrop chains in iptables shows why: logdrop drops everything, while logreject drops only tcp connections.

It's been a while since I experimented with REJECT and DROP, but my recollection is that they worked correctly, on icmp "ping" tests as with everything else.

I call it a bug, but maybe that's just me. (And if it is, I have no idea how to create a bug report.)

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: