Reverting to Linksys Firmware on the WRT1900ACSv2 via DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
dkwalton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 23:18    Post subject: Reverting to Linksys Firmware on the WRT1900ACSv2 via DD-WRT Reply with quote
I have been careful to revert to the Linksys firmware via the 3 power off method each time before trying out a different build of DD-WRT. Following a reversion, this time I loaded the very first instance of DD-WRT for the WRT1900ACSv2 I could find -- v3.0-r30605 (09/09/16).

After installing and testing r30605 I discovered that the 3 power off method would no longer work, so it was time to try flashing the original Linksys firmware from DD-WRT.

I am happy to report there were no problems. The DD-WRT GUI does not give you any feedback on the progress of the flash like the Linksys GUI does.n Nevertheless the flash is speedy and waiting for router's front panel lights to stabilize into the normal operating pattern is indication enough that the flash complete.

I post this only to confirm the sporadic, usually non-specific posts I have run into stating that later versions of DD-WRT will allow you to flash back to the original Linksys firmware. So, at least as far back as 09/09/16 and r30605 for the WRT1900ACSv2, this is true.
Sponsor
sudheeshb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router - LinkSys ACS1900 v2. Firmware used : 36698, Dated : 2018-8-22.

Thanks for confirming this.

I plan to flash LinkSys firmware directly from the DD-WRT UI. Hope this will work. I have already asked this question here. https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317511
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can allow ssh within DD-WRT and then use the command line command to switch to other partition also not only the power button method
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: