D-Link DIR-878 A1 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
KaliBreizh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:

Correct.
Since you have the DIR-882, you would use dlink-dir882-a1-webflash.bin files.

Seems pretty obvious but thx for the confirmation Wink
Sponsor
KaliBreizh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey! Some news :

Just found this on D-Link's official forum (thx to them, it's pretty nice to help people loading other firmware than theirs!!)

Quote:
You cannot load the DD-WRT firmware through the D-Link GUI. You will have to do a crash recovery.

. Hold the reset button down.
. While still holding the reset button down, press the power button (to turn the router off) for 5 seconds and then press the button again to turn the router on while still holding down the button. You can also pull the power plug out and back in instead of using the power button.
. Wait 10 seconds and then release. Allow about 90 seconds for the router to boot. The power LED will blink red.

4. You will need to statically assign your computer an IP address of 192.168.0.2 (255.255.255.0).

5. Open Internet Explorer (do not use chrome, firefox, or edge). Go to http://192.168.0.1. The D-Link recovery page will appear. If it doesn't, you did not do the crash recovery properly. Repeat the process.

6. Browse to factory-to-ddwrt.bin file and click Upload.

7. Upgrade process should take 3-5 minutes.

8. When the success page appears, close your browser.

9. Change your IP settings on your computer to either DHCP or statically assign to 192.168.1.xxx (255.255.255.0). The default IP of the router will be 192.168.1.1.

10. Open Internet Explorer and enter 192.168.1.1. DD-WRT will now be installed. You will be prompted to create a username and password.

11. You can now upgrade the DD-WRT firmware (dlink-dir882-webflash.bin). Go to Administration > Firmware Upgrade and browse to the "webflash.bin" file.

To go back to the D-Link firmware, download the latest firmware from support.dlink.com/dir-882-us. The current is 1.10 which contains 2 firmware files - 1.04 and 1.10.

Perform a crash recovery on the router. Load the 1.04 firmware first. Once completed, log in to the router (192.168.0.1 username = admin password = leave blank). You will be prompted to update the firmware to 1.1 (1.10). Do that or you can upgrade to 1.10 manually.

Might be very useful and I will also quote this on the 882's topic Smile
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
KaliBreizh,

Thanks for posting the crash recovery procedure.
Always good to have a revert process as a precaution.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Commonly known as d-link emergency room recovery.
Has been posted on here many times.

Also on page 3 of this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
D-Link recovery mode method works well for me Very Happy
zeny1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone having good success on the new official firmware from D-Link?

Kinda tired of getting random reboots. Just had 3 in one day lol on the firmware that was doing oh just so well 10-10-18....
turetto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,

Yesterday I put the r37305 version for my DIR-878, I liked very much(many options to configure, etc), but I had an issue and go back to original firmware: My Internet link is 300Mbps, so, when I put dd-wrt r37305 the maximum Internet speed was 97Mbps. I turn off the router, wait sometime, turn on ans made a test and the same result.

So I would like to know if anybody has the same issue

Thanks a lot!!
turetto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
zeny1 wrote:
Anyone having good success on the new official firmware from D-Link?

Kinda tired of getting random reboots. Just had 3 in one day lol on the firmware that was doing oh just so well 10-10-18....

I put the newest version of official, so I observed the Smart Connect does not working properly. For example when I arrive in my house, my iphone just connect to 2.4Ghz. I try to connect it on 5Ghz but does not work. I need to reboot the router to fix this issue. I dont know if this issue is only with my phone or with every device. I need to make some tests, but this this is an issue is a fact.

Thanks a lot!!
cyyong95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23    Post subject: Random Reboots Reply with quote
Hi guys, I've flashed the router with DD-WRT v3.0-r37305 std (10/10/1Cool and set it up as repeater bridge to be used as a wifi receiver for my PC.

The router reboots randomly multiple times, some times more frequent than other times. Ranging from 1 hour per reboot to a few hours per reboot to a few minutes. It's random and could not be replicated on demand.

This is very annoying as I could not get a stable connection.

Does anyone has a similar issue and found a way to solve it?
cyyong95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
turetto wrote:
Hi there,

Yesterday I put the r37305 version for my DIR-878, I liked very much(many options to configure, etc), but I had an issue and go back to original firmware: My Internet link is 300Mbps, so, when I put dd-wrt r37305 the maximum Internet speed was 97Mbps. I turn off the router, wait sometime, turn on ans made a test and the same result.

Thanks a lot!!

Use D-Links Emergency Room function. Download the stock firmware and put it on your PC.
1. Turn off the router
2. Hold on to the reset button (with a pin or something)
3. Turn on the router (while still holding the reset button)
4. Release the reset button when you see orange light blinking
5. Go to 192.168.0.1 (with internet explorer to be on the safe side) and flash the stock firmware.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
cyyong95 wrote:
turetto wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks a lot!!

Use D-Links Emergency Room function. Download the stock firmware and put it on your PC.
1. Turn off the router
5. Go to 192.168.0.1 (with internet explorer to be on the safe side) and flash the stock firmware.

He isn’t asking how to go back to stock, he already did that. He wants to know why his speed is lower.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
cyyong95 wrote:
turetto wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks a lot!!

1. Turn off the router

He isn’t asking how to go back to stock, he already did that. He wants to know why his speed is lower.

okie
WinWiz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 19:56    Post subject: DIR-878 / 882 Reply with quote
Sorry this is probably a little off topic, but dd-wrt users seem to know a lot about specific routers.
My old router freezes randomly, so I'm looking at the DIR-878 and the DIR-882. Smallnetbuilder claims they are identical except for the usb.
878 is a little cheaper than 882 and i don't need USB. So i would like to know if D-Link has disabled the forth band on latest firmware for the 878?
I don't need advanced features like port forwarding, so I probably don't need dd-wrt firmware. The unscheduled reboots some users complain about also happens on stock firmware?
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 21:20    Post subject: Re: DIR-878 / 882 Reply with quote
WinWiz wrote:
... The unscheduled reboots some users complain about also happens on stock firmware?

Yes.
Reboot complaints not unheard of, even with D-Link's own firmware.

With that said,
Unless you find a DIR-878/882 at a bargain price, consider other routers instead.
ricopicouk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello All,

I have conducted some testing, and have managed to revert my DIR878 to stock firmware.

I found that attempting to flash latest stock over DD-WRT failed. It could be due to the encryption that firmware later than 1.10 uses.

I was previously using the latest WRT firmware #r37305.

I found that using the emergency room update method as described above
Quote:
1. Turn off the router
5. Set PC to 192.168.0.2

I was able to flash the beta V1.02 firmware which I located:
ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/SECURITY_ADVISEMENTS/DIR-878/REVA/DIR-878_REVA_FIRMWARE_PATCH_v1.02B01_BETA.zip

And then from that point onwards, I have updated to V1.12b firmware from D-Links FTP found here: ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DIR-878/REVA/

For me, this was in order to return the router for refund. This router technically has all of the features I was looking for, at a fair price (paid £60 GBP). Sadly its not stable enough in its current state of firmware. I think I need a bit of research, has anyone any suggestions for me of a simular spec router ideally that supports DD-WRT / OpenWrt?

Cheers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: