D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
ddwrt_pete
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47    Post subject: DIR-882 build 10-10-2018-r37305; NAS not visible. Reply with quote
I have installed build r37305 in a D-Link DIR-882. It is working OK. But, I have 3 Buffalo NAS connected; none show up in the windows explorer network, in windows 10. I have also installed DD-WRT on a TP-Link Archer C7. I have both routers configured with the same IP address scheme and identical WiFi. The Buffalo NAS drives show up immediately when I switch to the TP-Link router.

I have researched other (Windows 10) reasons why the NAS may not show up. NETBIOS, SMB 1.0, Function Discovery Provider Host, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host. None of these are the cause of this issue.

Consequently, I believe the issue is with this DD-WRT firmware (DIR-882 specifically).

I had first tested this with r36698 in the DIR-882; the symptoms are the same.

Thank You in advance for any further insight into this.
Sponsor
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:28    Post subject: Re: DIR-882 build 10-10-2018-r37307; NAS not visible. Reply with quote
ddwrt_pete wrote:
... I have 3 Buffalo NAS connected; none show up in the windows explorer network, in windows 10...

Similar topic: Windows 10 doesn´t see NAS
ashishchandra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:16    Post subject: Info needed Reply with quote
I recently bought this router.

And under wireless is see very few option and am planning to install the latest DD-WRT.

Am pretty new to DD-WRT, so bear with me.

Which will be best release in terms of stability ?

All the features are working ? like USB Ports and WiFi no connection drops.

I use a PPPoE connection, so any known issue with this connection type ?

Also under Wireless Settings do we have option of 160Mhz Channel Bonding ? as i dont see it in the Stock Firmware ?

Hope to hear soon from the Gurus.

Thanks in advance
KaliBreizh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there!

Just found this on D-Link's official forum (thx to them, it's pretty nice to help people loading other firmware than theirs!!) and I thought it might useful for people like me who didn't manage to upload DD-WRT firmware Smile

Quote:
You cannot load the DD-WRT firmware through the D-Link GUI. You will have to do a crash recovery.

. Hold the reset button down.
. While still holding the reset button down, press the power button (to turn the router off) for 5 seconds and then press the button again to turn the router on while still holding down the button. You can also pull the power plug out and back in instead of using the power button.
. Wait 10 seconds and then release. Allow about 90 seconds for the router to boot. The power LED will blink red.

4. You will need to statically assign your computer an IP address of 192.168.0.2 (255.255.255.0).

5. Open Internet Explorer (do not use chrome, firefox, or edge). Go to http://192.168.0.1. The D-Link recovery page will appear. If it doesn't, you did not do the crash recovery properly. Repeat the process.

6. Browse to factory-to-ddwrt.bin file and click Upload.

7. Upgrade process should take 3-5 minutes.

8. When the success page appears, close your browser.

9. Change your IP settings on your computer to either DHCP or statically assign to 192.168.1.xxx (255.255.255.0). The default IP of the router will be 192.168.1.1.

10. Open Internet Explorer and enter 192.168.1.1. DD-WRT will now be installed. You will be prompted to create a username and password.

11. You can now upgrade the DD-WRT firmware (dlink-dir882-webflash.bin). Go to Administration > Firmware Upgrade and browse to the "webflash.bin" file.

To go back to the D-Link firmware, download the latest firmware from support.dlink.com/dir-882-us. The current is 1.10 which contains 2 firmware files - 1.04 and 1.10.

Perform a crash recovery on the router. Load the 1.04 firmware first. Once completed, log in to the router (192.168.0.1 username = admin password = leave blank). You will be prompted to update the firmware to 1.1 (1.10). Do that or you can upgrade to 1.10 manually.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=73607.0
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 17:51    Post subject: Re: Info needed Reply with quote
ashishchandra wrote:
I recently bought this router.

And under wireless is see very few option and am planning to install the latest DD-WRT.

Am pretty new to DD-WRT, so bear with me.

Which will be best release in terms of stability ?

All the features are working ? like USB Ports and WiFi no connection drops.

I use a PPPoE connection, so any known issue with this connection type ?

Also under Wireless Settings do we have option of 160Mhz Channel Bonding ? as i dont see it in the Stock Firmware ?

Hope to hear soon from the Gurus.

Thanks in advance

the wifi hw on the dir882 doesnt support 160 mhz. if you want 160 mhz use a qca9984 based router like the netgear r7800 or the netgear r9000. these routers do support these features and much more due the much better driver and chipset support

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this firmware work with the dir 867? It's identical hardware.

If not, any chance of getting support for it?

B
Vicente888
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone got dlna to work? I can mount a usb hdd but I cannot successfully add a share - the button doesn't seem to do anything
SirLouen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking on buying this router. But I'm seeing some odd information. Here it says that the router only has 16Mb flash:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-882_rev_A1

Here it says 128Mb
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#D-Link

And even some reviews says it has 128Mb flash AND 256Mb RAM??? (There is a different revision or something, because this specs are completely awkward?
Broadcom BCM4709C0 @ 1.4 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 128MB ROM
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/wifi-routers/d-link-dir-882-exo-ac2600-review-3671728/

It seems they have messed up with a AC88U or an Archer C5400...

So reading most reviews everything points out at 128Mb Flash and 128Mb RAM

But I can't understand what happened with wikidevi faulty information.

Can any owner confirm?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
The build size for that router is 14.9MB.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2018/12-20-2018-r38060/dlink-dir882-a1/
Not all of the 128MB is reserved for NVRAM.
MY wndr3700v4 says 128MB also but only about 20MB can be used.

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
loaded_scissors
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
larkey wrote:
This isn't that easy because v1.10b2 won't downgrade, and the recovery is buggy, as described. However I found a workaround:

1. Enter recovery mode
2. Load the WebUI, browse the file upgrade file, do *not* hit "Upload"
3. Reboot the router, again into recovery mode (s.t. the upload will be the first request sent, thus succeeding).
4. Perhaps wait a little more than the 3:40mins until "Succeeded" is automatically printed, the router should automatically reboot.

Thank you for sharing that Larkey. I had the same problem and same solution! Seems to be a bit of a buggy router overall!

On another note, I couldn't get the factory to dd-wrt to flash using Internet Explorer, but for me it worked using Chrome, of course YMMV.
loaded_scissors
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
On another note, there's an updated official firmware (v1.11) for the DIR-882 which fixes a compatibility issue with games consoles (XBone/PS4). Is this likely to be incorporated into DD-WRT anytime soon?

A flash of build 37305 (2018-10-10) doesn't appear to include this update and seems to have issues with an XBox one.
apvm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just bought an used 882, the router is still on stock 1.0 firmware, flashed to latest ddwrt from stock firmware web ui.

I found the 882 took a while to boot up from either stock firmware or ddwrt compare to my wrt1900ac.

Also found that the cpu usage reported by ddwrt is around 70%, is that normal?

Haven't test it yet, will do a nvram erase before inputting configuration to test it.

Anything I should aware? Tia
SirLouen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know how it's possible but for some reason, the admin password was modified at some point during my configuration and when I tried to access the router it was impossible.

After looking for some information I reached this deadend
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6223

Essentially it's impossible to restore the ddwrt firmware to factory default in order to put a new password and restore the config back.

So I had to do all the process again: go to the recovery mode, install the 1.00 official firmware and then upgrade to DD-WRT.

I see that this issue has been stucked for the last 10 months, anyone has found any other solution?
bushant
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
SirLouen wrote:
I don't know how it's possible but for some reason, the admin password was modified at some point during my configuration and when I tried to access the router it was impossible.

If you were using chrome have a look at this:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317751

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad + Blocklist Collection
SirLouen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
bushant wrote:
SirLouen wrote:

If you were using chrome have a look at this:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=317751

Yep, I noticed this a little bit late. In fact this also happened some months ago with a 1043, but since I don't touch the routers much, I forget this from time to time.

Anyway, the factory default thing is an issue. Hope we manage to see this sometime.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: