Can't connect to Internet on Linksys 3200ACM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ksclarke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 0:16    Post subject: Can't connect to Internet on Linksys 3200ACM Reply with quote
I've been reading threads from people with this issue but haven't found one that has an answer that works for me yet.

I have a new Linksys 3200ACM that I plugged into my cable modem with an ethernet cable. I logged into the Linksys web interface and was able to get connected to the Internet and surf, etc.

Then, I flashed to the newest version of dd-wrt. When I log into its interface, all the LAN networking is fine, but I do not get an IP or connection on the WAN side.

Some things I've tried...

Using the cloned MAC address of my other router which works when plugged into the cable modem (though I don't think this is it because the Linksys software worked without me having to clone the MAC for it). I put this MAC into Clone WAN MAC in the MAC Address Clone section.

Changing the IP address of the LAN network from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.5.1 to avoid any conflicts with the modem's networking (though I don't think this is it because my other modem uses 192.168.1.1 just fine. During testing of the new router, I turned off and removed the older modem so there is not a conflict there.

I tried changing advanced routing operating mode from Gateway to Router (though I think Gateway is the correct setting for it).

I tried setting static IP information that I got from the other router as it was connected via DHCP to the cable modem. I looked at its subnet, ip, gateway, dns, etc. and configured those as a static connection in dd-wrt.

I tried turning off and restarting both the dd-wrt router and the cable modem after each of these changes.

I tried renewing the DCHP lease in dd-wrt (though it was just 0.0.0.0 so I don't think it actually had a lease to renew).

Is there something else I should try? Thanks for any insight.
Sponsor
loretta80
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi ksclarke,
that happens to me also sometimes. Then i just power off my cable modem for more then 10 seconds and it works again after a minute. Got a unitymedia modem from cisco.
ksclarke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I'd turned them off for a couple of hours but that didn't seem to help. I've got it working now with a static IP setup at least. It seems the modem is wanting to do a passthrough because the router is working now with the outside world IP and gateway, etc. When I tried a static configuration before I think I must have used the other router's LAN information instead of its outward facing info.
ksclarke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I'd turned them off for a couple of hours but that didn't seem to help. I've got it working now with a static IP setup at least. It seems the modem is wanting to do a passthrough because the router is working now with the outside world IP and gateway, etc. When I tried a static configuration before I think I must have used the other router's LAN information instead of its outward facing info.
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) From your ISP do you actually have just a modem or is it actually a "Gateway" = mopdem router combination?

2) exactly what dd-wrt build did you install? And did you install the correct dd-wrt image file? =factory to dd-wrt image

3) What IP does your modem provide to the router? ie what is the WAN side IP given to your router?

4) what did you set as your LAN side IP address?

5) Can you access your modem directly? What does it have as its Ethernet side IP?

Overall it sounds like you may have a "gateway" and not just a modem. Or you have mistaken the Wan & Lan side IP's

hth

Cliff Notes- DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Tutorial for flashing "WRT" series
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: