WRT1900ACS v2 - DD-WRT v3.0-r37139 - USB automount issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
garavi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41    Post subject: WRT1900ACS v2 - DD-WRT v3.0-r37139 - USB automount issues Reply with quote

I just want to report my problems after installing DD-WRT on my router and how I was lucky enough to solve them. Maybe this can help someone in the future.

I have an SSD inside a USB3 enclosure, formatted as EXT4 (only one partition) and my aim was to plug it in the router and use my router as a seedbox. After plugging in the drive it didn't show up in Services/USB/disk info (core usb support, usb storage and automatic drive mount options are enabled). I SSHed into the router and upon inspecting blkid and dmesg | tail I realized that disk is there but automount functionality was not working. ... After a few hours .... I realized that file system modules, for some reason were not loaded and I had to perform the following:

mkdir /tmp/mnt/data
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.131-rc1/mbcache.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.131-rc1/jbd2.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.131-rc1/ext4.ko

mount -t ext4 -o rw,noatime /dev/sda1 /tmp/mnt/data

After that the disk showed up in disk info field and all was fine.

Also, there are few steps that need to be done for torrenting that aren't documented anywhere.

1 - Enable Services/NAS/BitTorrent/Transmission Daemon.
2 - Put in the path to some folder on your attached USB drive. Let's say it's: /tmp/mnt/data/wrt-share/

At that moment Transmission just creates two subfolders and settings.json file inside that path, but nothing works yet. You have to change the settings to define your login to the rpc interface and restart the daemon to tell it to use settings.json on that path:

So, after minimal necessary changes to settings.json:
"umask": 2,
"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.1.*",
"rpc-password": ""
"rpc-username": "",
"download-dir": "/tmp/mnt/data/wrt-share",

(use this opportunity to change "peer-limit-global" and "peer-limit-per-torrent" to be optimal for your connection speed)

You have to perform this:

killall transmissiond

transmissiond -g /tmp/mnt/data/wrt-share/

Now torrenting is ready and you can access the rpc interface either through the browser: 192.168.1.1:9091 or define a remote connection in your transmission-remote app.

In order for these settings to persist after router reboot/shutdown you have to make a script inside a field Administration/Commands:

sleep 10
mkdir /tmp/mnt/data
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.131-rc1/mbcache.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.131-rc1/jbd2.ko
insmod /lib/modules/4.9.131-rc1/ext4.ko
sleep 10
mount -t ext4 -o rw,noatime /dev/sda1 /tmp/mnt/data
sleep 10
killall transmissiond
sleep 15
transmissiond -g /tmp/mnt/data/wrt-share/

And click on "save startup". I haven't tested this, but it's supposed to work Smile

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: