Need help debricking WZR-600DHP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 19:44    Post subject: Need help debricking WZR-600DHP Reply with quote
Hi guys,

First of all...yes I know how to use Serial. I get no output from it.

Second the router when plugged in gives ONLY the green power LED. No other LEDs light or flash at any time.

Third the unit does not activate the LAN ports so no TCP/IP connections possible.

I'm kinda stumped. The Wiki debricking has been performed in the past but that is when I can reach a LAN port and I get the Red Diag LED....not this time though. Does anyone have any other ideas for debricking the WZR-600DHP?

I hammered it by installing an incomplete BS build. (34029) a nightly that didn't download correctly...evidently)...can't really say since no MD5s are ever given with firmware for BS builds.

Anyway...not putting the blame on anyone but me...I know the risks.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

redhawk

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was going to suggest using Kermit through serial but if you've got no serial output...

You sure you know how to use it? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I was going to suggest using Kermit through serial but if you've got no serial output...

You sure you know how to use it? Laughing

hahaha...yeah...pretty sure. Even tried a baud of 57600 that some of the Buffs like....no go.

Oh well...I think its a doorstop now. I purchased an R6300v2 to replace it...I used it as my travel repeater when I'm in hotels.

Sad to see it go though. It was really a great unit.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I gave up on this unit. I've purchase two used Netgear R6300v2 units off ebay for $18 a piece. Hard to beat that for a faster router. I'll use them as my travellers. If I break one...I'll have a spare.

redhawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow $18? Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 19:38    Post subject: Re: Need help debricking WZR-600DHP Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
Hi guys,

First of all...yes I know how to use Serial. I get no output from it.

Second the router when plugged in gives ONLY the green power LED. No other LEDs light or flash at any time.

Third the unit does not activate the LAN ports so no TCP/IP connections possible.

I'm kinda stumped. The Wiki debricking has been performed in the past but that is when I can reach a LAN port and I get the Red Diag LED....not this time though. Does anyone have any other ideas for debricking the WZR-600DHP?

I hammered it by installing an incomplete BS build. (34029) a nightly that didn't download correctly...evidently)...can't really say since no MD5s are ever given with firmware for BS builds.

Anyway...not putting the blame on anyone but me...I know the risks.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

redhawk

==============================================================
to debrick buffalo WZR-600DHP, follow the following instructions

Download the latest Buffalo firmware from the Buffalo website (not the DD-WRT flavor).
In the FTP link above, you will find two different firmware flavors. Download the one that reads "buffalo_to_dd-wrt."
Unplug the Buffalo router.
Change the IP of your wired interface on your computer to 192.168.11.2, with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. You can leave the gateway blank. I always typically do this because it allows access to the Internet via the wireless interface while still allowing wired access to the device you need to configure.
NOTE: Regardless of what subnet you had configured for your router previously, 192.168.11.1 is the bootloader TFTP server address. You must set your computer to 192.168.11.2, as that is the required TFTP client IP address.
Get any 10/100 or 10/100/1000 capable switch and turn it on.
Plug you computer into any port on the switch.
Plug the router into any other port on the switch, but don't power it on just yet.
Open your terminal and type sudo arp -s 192.168.11.1 02:AA:BB:CC:DD:20
NOTE: On many other posts it specifies to use the MAC address of the router (its the OUI followed by the characters listed on the SSIDs that are on the sticker on the router). However, I was only able to recover mine by using the bootloader MAC address as shown above. This is the special MAC address used during the booting process.
While still in the terminal, navigate to the directory where the firmware you downloaded in step 1 resides.
Type tftp 192.168.11.1 put wzr600dhp-191 and DO NOT hit enter.
Power on the router, then hit enter to send the command shown above in step 9.
In about 10 seconds, the red diag light will start to blink rapidly which means that the router is receiving the new image. You should also see a response in your terminal specifying whether or not the upgrade was successful.
Let it install the image for about 10 minutes.
Once completed, you will be able to access the GUI via the 192.168.11.1 address.
Perform a 30/30/30 reset (if you need assistance on how to do this, see the DD-WRT wiki on their website).
From the GUI, install the firmware you just downloaded and allowed the device to reboot.
Perform another 30/30/30/ reset and enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: