Linksys WRT1200AC - Limit DL/UP Speed to all wifi users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
GoldenDDWRT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
bytebandit01 wrote:
GoldenDDWRT wrote:
bytebandit01 wrote:
GoldenDDWRT wrote:
What is the firmware you are using?

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std [06/10/18]
Same with my signature found at the bottom.

Couple days ago i upgraded to DD-WRT v3.0-r36698,
Now when i try to downgrade to DD-WRT v3.0-r36104, the firmware isn't being uploaded! Uploading stuck at 1% !!! I think the router is rejecting it for some reason ..

bytebandit01, one last question please

Have you ever donated or purchased DD-WRT? because some users say you must buy it in order to get QoS to work!!!

Sorry I overlooked some of your earlier questions coz I had been busy resolving an issue with my 1200ac in terms of upgrading to the most recent 10/16 build. Thankfully it had been resolved.

I'm just using sa "std" version. I did not purchase it.

Have your tried the Netmask Priority?

It is okay we are all busy in this life, i really appreciate your great support

Regarding the Netmask Priority, yes i have done exactly the same, it doesn't work

I'm pretty sure that DD-WRT isn't recognizing where my internet connection is coming from .. I'm not connected to Internet (WAN) port so definitely it won't work, am i right?
Sponsor
bytebandit01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
GoldenDDWRT wrote:
bytebandit01 wrote:
GoldenDDWRT wrote:
I would like to clarify somthing that could be helping in resolving this issue

The internet isn't actually coming through the WAN port of linksys router, my connection is ADSL, so the internet is coming from the modem Ethernet port to linksys Ethernet port

I tried different combinations in QoS Settings.. nothing works Sad
I'm still trying, i hope i end up getting it working

I think the port labeled "internet" in yellow at the back is actually the WAN port.

Been using dsl before I recently switched to fiber. I have been plugging into the linksys "internet" port going to the dsl/fiber modem provided by the ISP.

I tried to connect it to the yellow internet port (WAN), sadly no internet connection, however when i connect it to the 4 blue Ethernet ports, it works .. note that the cable is connected to the modem provided by ISP through Ethernet port, not internet port

Thanks

GoldenDDWRT wrote:
bytebandit01 wrote:
GoldenDDWRT wrote:
I would like to clarify somthing that could be helping in resolving this issue

The internet isn't actually coming through the WAN port of linksys router, my connection is ADSL, so the internet is coming from the modem Ethernet port to linksys Ethernet port

I tried different combinations in QoS Settings.. nothing works Sad
I'm still trying, i hope i end up getting it working

I think the port labeled "internet" in yellow at the back is actually the WAN port.

Been using dsl before I recently switched to fiber. I have been plugging into the linksys "internet" port going to the dsl/fiber modem provided by the ISP.

I tried to connect it to the yellow internet port (WAN), sadly no internet connection, however when i connect it to the 4 blue Ethernet ports, it works .. note that the cable is connected to the modem provided by ISP through Ethernet port, not internet port

Thanks

I'm not really 100% technically sure on this..

..but when you connect to the linksys router's ethernet port coming from the isp modem's ethernet port, internet will still work because your router is also capable of acting as a switch

..the correct setup (for me) should be coming the isp modem's ethernet port going the linksys router's internet wan port. Internet will work provided that your modem and your router will not have an IP conflict. Check your isp modem's default gateway against the linksys dd-wrt's. Try Setup > Basic Setup > Network Setup > Router IP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: